How's the Residence Montparnasse?

Aug 27th, 2003, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

How's the Residence Montparnasse?

I am currently looking at 3 hotels in Paris: Grand Hotel Jeanne d'Arc, Hotel Residence Monge, and Residence Montparnasse. I've heard great things about the first two, but has anyone stayed at Montparnasse? Is the location good for a young couple on their first trip to Paris? Or is one of the others better? Thanks guys!
Aug 27th, 2003, 09:13 AM

Katie:

Sorry, but I can not help you on the Hôtel Residence Montparnesse. I have stayed at the Hôtel Residence Monge twice and would recommend that you pick this hotel. There are two metro stops (Place Monge & Cardinal Lemoine) within a block of the hotel, many restaurants near by on rue Mouffetard and across the street from the hotel on rue Monge there is a very well stocked mini market with a good wine selection. This hotel is also an easy walk to Notre Dame, Ile St Louis, Le Pantheon and Luxembourg Gardens. I feel you would like this area better than the Montparnesse area -- it is closer to the center of the city and all the attractions. If you go to the Hôtel Residence Monge, say hello to Julie for me. Tell her Randy from Traverse City says hello. I would also recommend calling the hotel directly to make the reservations. You will be able to immediately find out if there is a room available, the price and have some selection on what floor you might want to be on and if you want the view to be over the street or the Arenes de Letuce(a very old out door theatre built by the romans). Their phone number is: 01 43 46 87 90 and the fax is: 01 43 54 47 25.

Here is their web site: http://www.hotelmonge.com/

If you have any other questions, contact me at [email protected]
Aug 27th, 2003, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Randy! I've actually been looking at the Monge the most and have pretty much chosen it already...I was just still shopping around. But I think you're right, that's the hotel for me!
Aug 27th, 2003, 10:13 AM

I'm very familiar with the area of the Res Montparnasse, but not the hotel itself. It has all the same things Randy mentions as for the Monge, though, and I don't think it's really any farther from things you want to do. There are even more metro stops, plus a train station and many buses nearby, so I actually think it is better for transport. There are tons of bars and cafes around, also.

However, I'd go with the Monge probably as a little more wellknown quantity. That area is a little quieter and less hectic than rue Stanislaus, and you have nearby rue Mouffetard which is a lot of fun (and useful) to shop on. The Monge is probably cheaper, I imagine, also. If you can't get in, the location of the Res. Montparnasse is very good for your needs, also.

Search this Thread