Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How much time to allow from St. Saturnin to Avignon TGV?

Old Jan 31st, 2007, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 4 of us are departing Friday, April 27 from our vacation home in St. Saturnin-Les-Apt, return our rental car at the Avignon TGV facility, and catch the train to Paris. There is a train departing at 9:30am. What time should we leave St. Saturnin (we'll be staying at Le Mas Perreal) to accomplish these tasks with ease of mind? Thanks, in advance, for assistance.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 08:37 AM

Lisa -

It's exactly 1 hour door-to-door from our place. So if you leave at 7:30, you'll have an hour to return the car (which is right across from the station) and get to the platform - more than enough time.

-Kevin
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Kevin!
Since you're our host, I hated to email you for such mundane info - I'm in the process of purchasing train tickets & thinking through the details - again, we're appreciative!
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 12:07 PM

Dorkforcemom, if you're returning a rental, you'll probably want to fill it with fuel just before you get to the TGV station.

If you leave the Luberon on N100, you will eventually approach Avignon on the N7, which then becomes ave. Pierre Semard. There is a filling station on your right hand side about 1 kilometre before you reach the Rocade Charles de Gaulle, the ring road around Avignon. I've filled up there several times, and even though it is a few kilometres from the TGV station, the tank will still be showing full when you arrive at the station a few minutes later.

Anselm
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 01:35 PM
Original Poster

Well, of course, I failed to remember that I'll need to fill up the car - thank you very, very much for this important tidbit! This is why I love this forum...