Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   How much is a taxi from the Santorini port to Oia? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/how-much-is-a-taxi-from-the-santorini-port-to-oia-1013747/)

artsnletters May 8th, 2014 04:50 AM

How much is a taxi from the Santorini port to Oia?

I'm going to Santorini tomorrow, and it's going to be a long day, as I'll spend the first chunk of it in Delos in a windstorm - boy have we been having wind the last couple days. Consequently, since I arrive after 5pm, I'm thinking it might be nice to just taxi to Oia rather than take the bus. What will the damage be?

brotherleelove2004 May 8th, 2014 07:19 AM

Taxi to Oia: €15 per person

Bus from port to Fira €2.2, bus from Fira to Oia: €1.6

clausar May 8th, 2014 07:36 AM

Is the taxi price per person? Taxi prices in Greece are per car per way ( on smaller islands where you get a fixed price)

artsnletters May 8th, 2014 07:43 AM

There's just one of me. Will it still be 15 euro?

brotherleelove2004 May 8th, 2014 07:53 AM

Yes, that's the per-person price posted on their website. http://santorini-taxi.gr/index.php

The driver will most likely find other people to ride with you to make as much money as he can.

artsnletters May 8th, 2014 07:56 AM

It way beats the hotel's offer of a transfer for 30 euro! I don't need a taxi to myself, just an easy ride out to Oia.

brotherleelove2004 May 8th, 2014 08:06 AM

Save a little money by taking the port bus into Fira. When you arrive check the schedule for the next bus to Oia. The taxi office is just next to the bus terminus.

Heimdall May 8th, 2014 08:21 AM

Artsnletters, I hope the boats to Delos are running for you tomorrow. :-)

clausar May 8th, 2014 08:22 AM

brotherlee

This is not an official website, it must belong to some travel agency. Taxis in Greece are never per person.. I called the central taxi station of Santorini, taxis are using taximeters, and the price per taxi from the airport to Oia should be around 25 Euros ( for the whole taxi of course).

brotherleelove2004 May 8th, 2014 08:40 AM

Clausar, I've been using that website for a few years and never knew it wasn't "official". Thanks for the clarification. Did they say the fare from the ferry port to Oia was also €25?

clausar May 8th, 2014 09:40 AM

oh i didn't ask for that price.....
will give them tomorrow a call and ask :)

artsnletters May 8th, 2014 10:41 AM

Heimdall, I went to Delos today, also a windy day. They only had one boat out and one back, leaving a whopping 2 hours and a little to see the site. As a consequence, I'm going back tomorrow to see more. And I don't think that will be enough either, but I need to move on! It's supposed to be slightly less windy tomorrow than today, so I'm fairly confident of the boats going. My helpful hotel proprietor is going to meet me by the old port with my luggage so I can ferry on to Santorini, as I won't have time to return to the hotel between the end of the Delos tour and the ferry departure. I'm looking forward to what has been forecast as milder weather in Santorini!

artsnletters May 8th, 2014 10:43 AM

clausar, I hope you're able to make that call early and post (she says hopefully). I won't have access to the internet after about 8:30 tomorrow morning. If you're able to post that soon, that would be wonderful! Thanks!

Heimdall May 8th, 2014 10:56 AM

Good for you, artsnletters! Two consecutive days on Delos sounds great. The first time I was on Mykonos I had to wait two days to get to Delos: I wanted to go on a Sunday but boats were cancelled due to wind (hence my earlier post); The next day was Monday when the site was closed. I finally got there on Tuesday.

This summer, I understand, Delos will be open on Mondays as well.

clausar May 8th, 2014 09:10 PM

Good morning artsnletters

Just call them, the price from the Athinios port to Oia should be around 25 Euro.
Have a nice trip to Santorini :)

artsnletters May 8th, 2014 09:12 PM

Thank you!!!