Reload this Page >

How Many times to Paris is Enough?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 08:24 AM
Sally

I have been to Paris 5 times and I want wait to go back. It seems that with each trip I am more addicted. How many times have you been?

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 08:40 AM
RICHARD J VICEK

Good morning, Sally <BR>As long as you still enjoy it and want <BR>to return, go for it. Have been addicted to Italy in the same manner and <BR>have returned over 20 times since 1971. <BR>Do it for sometime you will only have <BR>the memories and photos that remain. <BR>Richard of LaGrange Park,Il..

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 08:44 AM
cdf

Hi Sally, last year was the 6th time..and I can't wait to go back as soon a possible~I know what you mean about "addicted" , every time you go it makes you want more!See you in Paris C

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 08:55 AM
Mike

Sally, <BR> <BR>Been 8 times. Never tire of the architecture, the museums, the food, the cafe life. There is never any problem finding things to do, arrondisements to explore. My friends tease me every time I go that I never go anywhere else (which I do!). Whenever I arrive and go for the first walk around the city, there is a sense of coming "home" and of all of the day to day worries just fading away. It's my favorite city, and yes, I'll be going back! Now if I could only figure out a way to live there...

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 09:07 AM
wendy

My first trip to Paris was 3 years ago because a friend wanted to go. I was immediately addicted and have gone once each year since!

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 09:08 AM
mariacallas

I think this will be my sixth time. Each time I squeeze 26 hours out of each day.

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 09:17 AM
Thyra

There IS NO such thing as ENOUGH when it comes to Paris... but let me keep going and see if I can find out .

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 09:25 AM
elvira

It's like asking how much chocolate is enough. <BR> <BR>a coupla dozen times, and i'm not done yet.

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 09:41 AM
Ess

I think once or twice a year for the rest of my life would be enough for me. <BR> <BR>P.S. Welcome back, Elvira. I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures!

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 09:44 AM
Joy

I've lost track of how many times I've been to Paris--probbably about 15 along with other wonderful places in France and throughout much of Europe. I plan to go next April for several weeks. <BR>Just enjoy it!!

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 09:58 AM
Patrick

How many times to Paris is enough? I've given the matter serious consideration and have set a limit for myself. When I've been there 7,846 times, I won't go back.

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 10:01 AM
Lori

There is no such thing as enough

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 02:07 PM
Betsy

If I'm Europe, I figure out a way to spend at least 5 days in Paris. I never tire of it!

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 02:15 PM
Karen

Hi everyone. Loved seeing these posts. I was in Paris in September (first time in Europe and I am no spring chicken) I am already planning another trip for next September or October. This time to Italy but with a stopover in Paris. I am so tempted to just go to Paris but feel that I should venture out a bit. But I know Paris will always hold a special place in my heart and I will never go to another country in Europe without spending time in Paris.

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 02:16 PM
Capo

6 times: '87, '94 (twice), '96, '98, and '99. It'll take many more visits before I even <I>begin</I> to tire of this fascinating city.

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 02:29 PM
Bob Brown

If you start to learn enough of the language to be effective, you might well end up moving to a suburb when you retire. There is no such thing as enough if you like the place. Once Paris has you in its spell, it does not let go. Were it not for the fact that I like the Alps better than cities, I am not sure if I would go anywhere else in Europe, except possibly to Vienna, London, Prague, and Berlin. <BR>

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 06:40 PM
sandy c

hi sally, <BR> <BR>never enough times. i have been 3 times now, once in 97, 99 and this october 2001. i will go back many more times. <BR> <BR>i will tell you that all three times i have been somewhat frustrated. i love traveling with people, but each time i have went with someone or a group who has never been before. I have seen some of the sites 2 and 3 times. this trip i tried to break away from the group some but was not as succesful as i would have liked. <BR> <BR>next time i go to paris, i go alone. i want to just walk and explore on my own. i want to spend 2 days in the louvre. i want to spend a day in the national french library. (all french film, even the most obscure has to submit a copy to them). i want to spend each evening at a cafe on the seine drinking wine and watching people. <BR> <BR>best night in paris? met elvira and 2 marla and her husband at a cafe on the seine and spent a wonderful evening. so many things that i want to do on my own. <BR> <BR>how many times is too many in paris? 1000 maybe? <BR>

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 07:23 PM
ldsant

Just returned yesterday from my 9th trip in 3 years to Paris. As another poster mentioned, no matter where else I go, I always go to Paris first. There is something so magical about that city. If I were fluent in French (trying!) I would live there. The feeling is just one of utter sublimeness for me. The lyrical sound of the language, the food, the art in places you'd never expect, the architecture that is stunning, the wine, the food, the people, the culture, the food (oops!), watching the men and women just move about their daily business looking very chic while busy. Like you Sally, this is my addiction! I'm actually going back in four weeks for a couple of days.

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 09:41 PM
Daphne

1st-at end of a long tour of Europe. Had bad cold and it was a disappointment, after all those years of anticipation. Leutitia Hotel nice - a bargain. <BR>2nd-a week with husband -ate at Tour d'Argent and a few others like Laperousse. Didn't have time to see much though. <BR>3rd and 4th-Learning French for a month each time, rare restaurant meals on the cheap because the Foyer included meals <BR>5th-One week at Royal Monceau-special rate thru Air France canceled soon after. One great lunch at Pres Catalin. <BR>6th-Week at B.W. Jardin St.Germain. Noise from bar&gt;lack of sleep&gt;husband sick. August not best time to visit. <BR>7th-this year. One month in Citadines studio. Fun to shop and cook with lunch out. Every trip memorable, we're lucky!

Old Nov 3rd, 2001, 06:54 AM
Jen

Sally, heading on my 4th trip to Paris in December. Was just here in May. Can't get enough of it. <BR> <BR>We do force ourselves to go to other places and explore the world, but we always seem to be able to squeeze out a trip to Paris in between.