Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   How many times have you been to Italy? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/how-many-times-have-you-been-to-italy-625278/)

myvenezia Jun 21st, 2006 07:45 AM

How many times have you been to Italy?

This year will be my 4th time.

Do you only go to Italy? If so why?
I have been to Holland, France, Sweden, and Norway. Yet Italy has my heart and soul.

Tiff Jun 21st, 2006 07:49 AM

In my mind, hundreds of times.

In the literal sense, alas only twice.
((L))

mikeyb Jun 21st, 2006 07:50 AM

Hi M,

Do you only go to Italy?

NO

Bailey Jun 21st, 2006 08:01 AM

MyVenezia.........Yes, yes to Italy!!
I keep returning.....I go to other countries then return for another dose of Italy.
Number of times??
More than a dozen...........and two more planned!!

ps....Venezia is my favorite addiction!!

DejaVu Jun 21st, 2006 08:04 AM

Only three, but all the trips were long ones: grand total of close to nine weeks.

No, I don't only go to Italy. This year I went to Paris (5th trip there) instead. The plane ticket to Rome was too high.

ira Jun 21st, 2006 08:09 AM

I've been to Italy once, but I've been to Venice many times.

grimmy Jun 21st, 2006 08:09 AM

5 times to Italy and hope to return many more.
No, we don't only travel to Italy. More often to France but have also gone to several other European destinations.

vjpblovesitaly Jun 21st, 2006 08:19 AM

I've been four times as well. I been to Spain as well. I plan to go to Ireland (hopefully next year), Mexico and Macchu Piccu also. Mostly I plan to return to Italy as many times as possible, with my next trip hopefully in 2008.

JoanneH Jun 21st, 2006 08:35 AM

When young 11 times in the dark ages i.e. 1950's-60's. Married had kids only trip was to grocery store. Then hit the road again last year to Italy, Greece and Italy again next year.

bobthenavigator Jun 21st, 2006 08:51 AM

Only 13 times and counting. We also have 10 other trips to Europe, including our recent to the Dalmatian coast.

StCirq Jun 21st, 2006 08:52 AM

I'm on my way next week for my 11th trip. I go lots of places besides Italy, but it's certainly one of my favorites.

Poohgirl Jun 21st, 2006 08:57 AM

Only once, and that was only for two and a half days. I plan to go back within the next five years to visit Rome and Florence. I do go to other places, though.

myvenezia Jun 21st, 2006 09:08 AM

bailey,
I'm with you..
I cant imagine my life without Venice in it. It is a spiritual thing. I think God was from Venice.

CheBird Jun 21st, 2006 09:17 AM

Italy 4 times - stayed with family in Torino the first time. Visited Rome and other cities the other 3 times. So far Rome and Tuscany are my faves. Haven't done Venice yet, though.

I've also been to Paris. I lived in Madrid for a while. I hiked the Inca Trail and saw Machu Picchu. We honeymooned in Tahiti, on the island of Moorrea. Those are the biggest highlights of my overseas travel to date. England is next.

zoecat Jun 21st, 2006 09:48 AM

I've traveled to Italy about 20 times, never less than 2 weeks at a time. I seem to have developed a habit the past few years of including Venice in each visit. What a great habit to have!

I also enjoy France and try to get to Paris every year or two.

If I have any vacation time after all of those trips, I try to squeeze in a trip to the Madison River in Montana to enjoy one of the most beautiful places on earth.

JJ5 Jun 21st, 2006 09:55 AM

4 times to Italy and always to different areas of the boot. I'll be back and to Sicily.

And to other countries in Europe and other combo trips without Italy- 4 times as well. Most of those were more than 20 years ago. I'm never been to Spain.

Tries2PakLite Jun 21st, 2006 09:58 AM

I believe that we (my hubby and I) have been 6 times, with trip 7 coming up in August. We love Italy.

We have also been to England, France, Austria and Germany. I have been to Ireland and hubby has been to Canada, Greece, Norway, Denmark, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Romania.

His trips are business related, so he doesn't get much sightseeing time. He is off to Madrid today while I languish in Central NY with the pooch.
((c))

Byrd Jun 21st, 2006 10:03 AM

We've been to Italy seven times...(well, eight if you count the time we rode the Bernina Express over the Alps and had lunch in Tirano before heading back on the BE to Chur).

Our April trip was our fourth visit to Venice, but not our last.

And we do travel to other places, too.

Byrd

sheila Jun 21st, 2006 10:10 AM

I've been 4 times- 6 weeks at teh end of my school career, 2 weeks in Tuscany, a week in the Apuanian Alps and a long weekend in Rome.

I'll be back, but in amongst everything else I do, too.

buongiorno Jun 21st, 2006 10:14 AM

5 hoping for 500

EU over 20 total