Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How many pairs of shoes would you bring on a honeymoon to Europe (Paris, italy).Going in September,for 6 weeks.

How many pairs of shoes would you bring on a honeymoon to Europe (Paris, italy).Going in September,for 6 weeks.

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 05:54 PM
giovanna

Hello my name is giovanna.Next year I will be going to Europe for my honeymoon I will be there for about 6 weeks altogether,my first stop will be Paris France for about 5 days.Then Italy for the rest of my honeymoon I know I will be doing alot walking there.I know that I need a good pair of running shoes,probaly a pair saddles.does anyone think that this will be enough for me.I hope this is not a dum question.Thanks for your help.<BR><BR>giovanna

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 06:02 PM
anna

Whew!!!!!! Talk about a dumb question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 06:24 PM
I'll be your

http://store6.yimg.com/I/shoes-boots_1627_712475<BR><BR>the only pair of shoes you'll need.<BR><BR>you may be able to pay for your whole trip with these!<BR>

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 07:24 PM
OaktownTraveler

Giovanna:<BR>What a great question! You will need a pair to match every outfit. I am serious. When I and about 3,000 other women travel that is how we do it. If you want proof and a whole lot of support, ideas and a place to talk freely about this go to www.cruise critic.com and go to the cruise fashion board. We post about shoes, clothing and planning for All types of travel. You can check out some of the questions on the Fodors boards but I do not think the very many Fodor woman really care about her travel "look" if you will. I get cussed out, laughed at and the like from Fodors women. A few have stood up for "beauty and fashion" if you will in travel. Come join in on the fun!<BR>My honeymoon was for 6 weeks to Europe too! We were in Greece and in Turkey. I just reviewed my packing list for you and I brought 20 pairs and bought two more. Girl, its your honeymoon and your trip so...Do Your Thing and do not be discouraged by the "ugly americans" who look like slobs and embarass the rest of us!

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 07:28 PM
Diane

When we went to Paris two years ago I thought I brought the perfect shoes (3 pair) But WHOA! After the second day my feet really hurt. So we went shopping. Yay! I found a great pair of Eccos (for less than they'd be in the US) and wore them during the day for the rest of the trip. My feet (and the rest of me) loved it. You could just plan to get good walking shoes there. More memories every time you put them on!

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 08:15 PM
I'll be your too

To "I'll be your".<BR>Hey, where can I get these shoes?<BR>Just what I need for travelling (and maybe I could make enough money for my trip too!)

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 08:34 PM
Jean

Anna you are traveling to one of the best places to shop in the world for shoes. I would bring as few shoes as possible and shop for some while I was there!!

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 10:56 PM
Pam

I recently went to Europe and had two pairs of shoes with me (that's all I allow myself on travels - trust me, you can do it). One pair was my favorite pair of Easy Spirits and then I splurged on a pair of Ecco boots before I left. Turns out that my far cheaper Easy Spirits were much more comfortable. Whatever you take, just make sure to break them in a little before you go.

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 07:56 AM
chopchi

Is this a joke or what and there are actually people responding to it ........<BR>

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 08:09 AM
Al Godon

You will need 9 pairs of shoes.<BR>First you will need a pair you can wear to the airport.<BR>Second, you will need a pair to wear while actually flying. (High spike heels can punch a hole in the floor and cause compression problems in the cabin.)<BR>3. For Paris, and London will you need a good pair of walking shoes.<BR>4. For formal dining you will need formal ladies high heel pumps.<BR>5. For Italy, I suggest a pair of comfortable construcion boots with a steel plate in the toe so you can ward of the beggars by kicking them.<BR>6. For mountain hiking and climbing you need a good pair of lug soled hiking boots.<BR>7. For inclement weather, you will need a pair of high top galoshes or other type of overshoe or boot. <BR>8. For bicycle riding, you should have a good pair of bike shoes.<BR>9. For dancing you should have a pair of good dance shoes.<BR><BR>With this many, you should be well equipped for any contingency. If your hiking boots are lined with GoreTex you can probaly wear them in the rain, thus eliminating one pair. And if you get a pair with a very hard toe, they would be suitable for warding off those who accost you.

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 08:37 AM
Fashionista

Ok, Giovanna, in spite of all the clowns, here's an honest answer! Will you be handling your own luggage at ALL? Even into a trunk, or along one block, or up one flight of stairs? If yes, then I fervently recommend you bring only two pairs of shoes: walking shoes on your feet on the plane, and dress shoes (as lightweight as possible) in your suitcase. Shoes add more weight to your luggage than almost any other common item, and I would not travel with more than two pairs unless I expected to have porters everywhere - which is certainly not in my budget!

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 09:51 AM
Ca-Cynthia

2 pairs --- that's it.<BR><BR>And make sure you take along an empty carry-on or heavy duty shopping bag, so you can bring back whatever goodies from France or Italy. Giovanna --- you're going to Italy, one of the GREAT places for leather goods. Buy more shoes over there !!!

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 10:50 AM
Myriam

Bring one pair and buy a few pairs of Arche when you're in France. The best there are!<BR>http://www.arche-shoes.com

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 11:01 AM
xxx

Forty two. Reason is since you post this questions shoes must be extremely important to you and nothing less than one pair a day will do. You can wear two or three pairs on the same day depending what you do so theree will have to be some repeats. Be sure to ship a few trunks full of shoes ahead.<BR>

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 11:24 AM
codfish

Brings us full circle back to the honymoon-will you actually be doing that much walking?

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 01:49 PM
Art

Some of us like when you wear 3" heels to bed so take at least one pair for each time you will be in bed on your honeymoon, let's see 6 weeks times 7 days times 6 = 252? Don't forget to put a dollar into a jar each time. <BR>Have a great one!!!<BR>

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 04:23 AM
jenny

I would bring a pair of nice dress shoes, and a pair of walking shoes. I wear my good looking timberlands mountain shoes that look like sneakers when I travel because they take me everywhere except to a fancy restuarant. Timberlands has a new low level hiking shoes that slip into the other to take up less space in luggage. I bought 10 pairs of shoes in Italy on my first trip there.

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 04:32 PM
Poor

Just topping for those of you who still think Giovanna needs your help on her trip planning...

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 04:43 PM
abc

Haven't the children gone back to school yet? Please tell me it's soon!

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 06:00 PM
Liz

My recommendation would be to bring at least 2 pairs of walking shoes. Even the most comfortable shoes need a day off. Alternate them. I find sneakers to heavy...try Aerosoles or Eccos. Then I would bring 2 pair of 'evening' shoes...one dressy and one flat but nicer than day shoes. That should do it and if you find you need more, buy them along the way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Your Privacy Choices -