Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How many of you are at work answering these posts instead of actually working?

Old May 18th, 2001, 12:55 PM
I am really busy... NOT

I notice that most postings are made during weekday work hours. Who is doing this rather than working? My job is dull and this gives me something to be interested in....

Old May 18th, 2001, 01:25 PM
PurposelyAnon

Maybe we're not replying because our bosses are also on this board and we don't want them to find out how much we are on line!!

Old May 18th, 2001, 01:44 PM
xxx

the truth is that we don't want them to show up in the same value hotel or trendy restaurant we are in while on vacation!

Old May 18th, 2001, 01:57 PM
topper

Who has a boss?

Old May 18th, 2001, 02:05 PM
SN

Off-season. No whining #@&! elves around.

Old May 18th, 2001, 04:01 PM
colleen

Yes, that would be me…AT WORK with my fodors travel talk window open all day…

Old May 18th, 2001, 04:14 PM
stacey

I'm with Colleen - open all day and refreshing every 20 minutes.

Old May 18th, 2001, 05:23 PM
Rich

Me too . . I get bored also. I am an Air Flight Controler and . . . wait a minute . . I'll be right back . .

Old May 18th, 2001, 05:25 PM
Lauren

What a great thread. I work for myself and, yes, I am posting when I should be working. Ha!

Old May 18th, 2001, 05:27 PM
anon

What do you do, Lauren? Inquiring minds want to know.

Old May 18th, 2001, 06:27 PM
xx

I HOPE RICH IS MAKING A JOKE!!!!!

Old May 19th, 2001, 04:54 AM
Dana

I'm with Colleen and Stacey- because I have a lot of spare time during working hours.

2 weeks ago my company implemented another program to cut back usage on websurfing. I can no longer access a cooking message board I frequent-- it falls under the category "hobbies" so I am frustrated! I hope this website will continue to be accessible to me.

PS- I get all my work done and then some-- there are too many extra hours in the day for me!

Old May 19th, 2001, 05:34 AM
xxx

I hate to help you in thwarting your management, but this might help.

Instead of trying to go directly to a website, type the URL into Yahoo or maybe any other search engine. When it retrieves the site you want, click on it.

This allows you to go to a website without leaving a trail, I know that much. It might allow you to get to your cooking message board.

Old May 19th, 2001, 05:48 AM
Al

On Christmas Eve, 1983 I told my boss to stick this job where the sun doesn't shine and have lived happily ever after.
Workers of the world, UNITE! You have nothing to lose but your chains!

Old May 19th, 2001, 05:57 AM
Dana

xxx- I have tried everything. This new program is smart!

Old May 19th, 2001, 05:58 AM
Neal Sanders

Al, of course, gets to have all of the fun, but for those of us who don't quite have that $10M nest egg, here's the deal:

Yes, I work all day and at times all weekend. But your mind needs to take a break occasionally. And so you open this window for a breath of fresh air and see what's going on out in the "real" world.

My job happens to be very interesting. But if your problem is that your job is dull, you need to find one that will have to coming to this board for a moment of relaxation, rather than out of boredom!

Old May 19th, 2001, 10:28 AM
Al

Hi, Neal! Long time no hear. $10 million? Not quite. But I am trying.

Workers of the World, relax! You have nothing to lose but your boredom!

Old May 20th, 2001, 05:23 PM
slow

its almost monday...

Old May 21st, 2001, 03:07 AM
s.fowler

Good morning to those on this side of the "pond."
I've had a visitor "counter" on the "fodorite" site for over two years now -- and while totals are certainly "skewed" by when I post that something new has been added to the site -- and insofar as statistics tell us anything useful[okay... so I'm a humanistic cynic!] -- it shows that Monday is the day you have visited the site the least. I'm sure your employers will be happy to hear that there is ONE day when you are working! And that, not too surprisingly, Friday is the day that has gotten the highest percentage of hits.

Old May 21st, 2001, 09:34 AM
notme

i'm not working today...

i am on struke.

if it works for the airlines it can work for me!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -