Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How many Fodorites based in or near London? Enough for a Fodorite GTG?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 09:37 AM
Kavey

Having so enjoyed getting together with other Fodorites in San Francisco last month I started wondering how many of us are based in or around London? <BR> <BR>There are so many places we could meet up for an inexpensive meal and chat.. <BR> <BR>If anyone is interested in a GTG or just a 1-1 meeting for coffee or snacks please post here... <BR> <BR>Kind Regards, <BR>Kavey <BR> <BR>Please feel free to email, take the MOO out of the address above...

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 02:22 PM
Art

TTT. <BR>Hi Kavey. Hope you can find some. <BR>Cheers, <BR>Art <BR>

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 02:53 AM
Kavey

Thanks Art <BR> <BR>Not looking good... <BR> <BR>Come on all you UK Fodorites... I know you are out there....

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 03:10 AM
david west

I might be interested if a few more come along.

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 04:16 AM
Kavey

Why? <BR> <BR>Are you worried I might be a mad axe murderer and stalk you if no one else comes?!! <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>Let's hope some more Londoners want to join in, it would be nice to meet and put faces to names... <BR> <BR>I really enjoyed that at the SF gathering... <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 06:23 AM
Betsy

You go, girl! <BR> <BR>Hey, London area Fodorites. I met Kavey at the SF GTG. It was a fun, energetic, exciting evening of exchanging past travel adventures and future travel dreams. Wish I could come to the London gathering. <BR> <BR>Art, are you going to make this one??

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 10:52 AM
Linda

Kavey, could it be an excuse for a long weekend trip to London?

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 11:27 AM
Ruthd

Err - it looks like us Brits are living up to our stereotype of being reserved and unfriendly! I'm in Oxford and think it is a good idea.

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Kavey

Ruth <BR> <BR>Could you get into London easily? <BR>I was initially thinking a weekday evening but we could do it on a weekend, but would need to set the date further in advance as my weekends tend to be more busy... <BR> <BR>Hmmm, so we have three so far... <BR> <BR>Come on Fodorites, I know there are more of us in London and surrounding area.... <BR> <BR>kavey

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 12:26 PM
Ann

Don't think I can make it, sorry. The rest of this year's holiday entitlement is being saved for our September trip to Biarritz and La Rochelle. I will be in London 6 Sept but I think it will be a whole day meeting.

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 12:31 PM
Beth Anderson

ok, when I make it back to London I'll meet for a GTG! <BR> <BR>not sure when though, I hope November? we'll see...

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 01:19 PM
Kavey

Beth <BR> <BR>I am pinning you down for coffee next time you're in london whether there's a GTG or not!! <BR> <BR>Since there seems to be very little interest I will drop the idea for now... <BR> <BR>Ruth if you fancy a 2 person travellers' GTG at any point give me a shout... <BR> <BR>Wish I knew why the other locals are hiding out... I think it would be so much fun to meet... <BR>

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 02:51 PM
ger

Come on Kavey ... don't give up so easily! Probably just British reserve. <BR>I visit the UK regularly on business but, recently, not to London as often as I would like. I'd love to have coffee with you (OK - you have coffee and I'll have a glass of wine). <BR> <BR>Watched a cooking programme on TV and thought of you (I have bookmarked your Mum's website on Indian cooking). They featured a Punjabi restaurant (missed the beginning so I can't tell you where it is in London, but apparently somewhere near the embassy - I think it was called The Punjabi Resaurant - any idea where it is?)and the recipies made my mouth water. We just had to go to our favorite Indian restaurant that evening for Mattar Paneer and Butter Chicken. <BR> <BR>Regards ... Ger

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 05:07 PM
Art

Hi Kavey, if you make for Sept 2002 I'll be there. Its just a little to far for a weekend from LA. Good luck. <BR>Cheers, <BR>The Big Bear (wish I could do happy faces here). <BR>

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 05:38 PM
Dina Lydia

Kavey, <BR>Thanks for the friendly offer. It's hard to picture you, since I don't know if you're male or female; I'm kind of new to this BB. But my husband and I will be in London for the first time September 6th to the 10th. Sunday afternoon the 9th, I'll be meeting with some fellow bellydancers, but aside from that no plans. GTG sounds fine!

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 06:00 PM
WishIcould

Kavey, <BR> <BR>Girl, you are giving up too soon. The message was just posted 8/19/2001 or 19/08/2001...Some of us only check in once a week or less! As many people on this board living or traveling to England, I would keep topping this over a 1 to 2 month period.

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 06:32 PM
Jody

Kavey, <BR>Lots of non=Londoners may be there , we will be from 27/10 to 31/10, and would be delighted to join up for a gtg

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 07:12 PM
Mrs. Hyacenth Bucket

Splendid, Dear! <BR> <BR>I shall I have one of my candlelight suppers with riparian entertainments adjacent to the Thames, and of course my Royal Doulton with the handpainted periwinkles. And I shall bring some beakers for the clumsy among us. Shall I ring the Vicar and the Counselor- Neugents as well? <BR> <BR>I hope that no one is reading this in a state of undress or disarray. I will not have unkempt and disarrayed dressers reading my pertinent internet posts! <BR> <BR>Yours, <BR>Mrs. Hyacenth Bucket

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 02:01 PM
George Holt

Count me in!

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 03:25 PM
Onslow

Oh, nice. If you lot allow our Hyancenth to 'ave one of er "candlelight suppers" you can count me out. I'd rather watch tellie with her father than suffer through her "riparian entertainments." <BR> <BR>Onslow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -