Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How long does it take RAY SKINNER-the private car service in London to ANSWER an email

Search

How long does it take RAY SKINNER-the private car service in London to ANSWER an email

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 07:16 PM
Andy

Help-- I am trying to get in touch with Ray Skinner-the gentleman everyone here has recommended for Airport pickups in London-<BR><BR>I need to book him NOW for Xmas time--<BR><BR>Any help will be appreciated.....<BR><BR>I wrote him 2 days ago--

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 02:01 AM
Jody

I heard back within 24 hours. And then he called to make sure I'd gotten the email.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 06:08 AM
bettyk

Relax, you have plenty of time to book for Christmas! Like Jody, Ray got back in touch with me within 24 hours, but it may take a little longer. Be patient, you'll be glad you chose Ray; he's a neat guy!

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 06:51 AM
annie

Andy:<BR>I got an answer in about 48 hours. <BR>

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 07:02 AM
CalmDown

Sheesh - only 2 days and you are impatient??! RELAX - sometimes you will get an answer right away, but many British (and European) businesses take more time to answer than you may be used to in the States. If you expect things to always happen fast on your trip you will likely be disappointed.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Lor1

Ray's always gotten back to me within 48 hours - relax! He might be on vacation and some one else is taking care of the business while he is gone, a lot of people do not jump on the e-mail the moment it arrives, espiecally if the booking is for several months upstream. I know when we were there in April he had just returned from Thailand "on holiday". We've never had a problem with him and have used him several times and recommended him to others who also never had any problems. I have always contacted him a month or so before and the followed up again a week or so before departure. If you really worried give him a call.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 08:26 AM
michele

Andy, He is very reliable. If you don't here from him in a week, I'd email again. I heard from him in 48 hours.<BR>By the way, he doesn't take credit cards as payment (at least he didn't last year). You can secure your deposit with one, but payment is cash.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Andy

Thanks Michele for the heads up on no credit cards--<BR><BR>Can someone please POST his email so I can know if I sent it to the right place-???<BR><BR>I tried to do a search for his name and email and phone on Fodors but NOTHING came up....<BR><BR>I am not impatient-- Just worried that I sent it to cyber space , as Andrea at Limoservicerome always gets back to me within 24 hrs---That is why I asked how long it takes for Ray to answer....<BR><BR>Thanks to all and please post correct email addy for Ray!

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Sandy

[email protected]

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 02:09 PM
Andy

Sandi- that is the address that I sent the first email to-----<BR><BR>guess I will play the waiting game..<BR>\<BR>Thanks

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 10:22 PM
Andy

And still no answer from RAY=<BR><BR>Does anyone in the LONDON area know if he is on vacation this week???

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 03:41 AM
JTC

Er,... like in a city of 6 million inhabitants, we would all know everyone else's holiday arrangements? Try searching for another transfer company - there are dozens of others. The Ray Skinner "fixation" on this site is nothing short of ridiculous.

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 04:09 AM
obvious

Ever heard of this wonderful invention called the telephone? If you use it, you can usually speak directly to the person with whom you wish to converse, and any confirmation can be made then.<BR><BR>Wonderful invention, don't you think?

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 05:53 AM
allx

If you have not heard back from Ray Skinner within a time frame you are comfortable with, here is a site with other options.<BR>http://www.londontown.com/transfer/

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 05:59 AM
bettyk

Here is the website for London Transfers. It has the email address, telephone number and online reservations (which is what I used, by the way).<BR><BR>http://www.london-transfers.com/

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Huh

What is the problem? If I hadn't heard back in a week I would try again. YOU ARE NOT HIS ONLY CUSTOMER. Why do you "need to book NOW" for December anyway?

Old Sep 28th, 2002, 11:13 AM
andy

to allx-- thanks for the other website-I take it,you have used them and were satisfied?<BR><BR>Ray is going to be doing our PICKUP at Heathrow but HE IS OFF on CHRISTMAS DAY AND BOXING DAY- We needed him on Boxing Day to catch a flight to Paris..Many thanks for being so kind to answer---<BR><BR>To HUH- If you have a brain, you will see I need a car for BOXING DAY- hardly anyone is OPEN that day-anymore smart suggestions,huh. Some people need to know IF they can get to an airport on a HOLIDAY PRIOR to booking an airline tkt!