Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How is Hotel Barocco in Rome and where is it located? - Anyone stay at Hotel L` Antico Pozzo in San Gimignano?

Search

How is Hotel Barocco in Rome and where is it located? - Anyone stay at Hotel L` Antico Pozzo in San Gimignano?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2000, 06:12 PM
Bebe

Planning a trip to Italy for next September. <BR>Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Barocco? The rooms look very nice on their web site and price is reasonable but we have not been able to figure out exactly where it is located. It is at Pizza Barberini which I have not been able to find on a map. Does anyone know where this is and if it is a good location to stay? Also wondering if anyone has a first hand experience with Hotel L` Antico Pozzo in San Gimignano?

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 07:01 AM
sandi

We stayed a night at L'Antico Pozzo in late Oct. this year. I thought it was a beautiful hotel. We had a great room with lovely antiques. We were travelling with our 12 yr old and he had his own sleigh bed in a "nook" of an "L" shaped room. Very cool. There's also a great place to eat a couple of doors down from there. I can't remember the name off hand but I have it at home. I recommend this hotel and would love to stay there longer next time. If you go, don't forget to climb the tall towere for the most breath-taking views of the Tuscan countryside. Email me directly if you wish.

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 09:29 AM
Maggie

We stayed at L'antico Pozzo two years ago and liked it. Try to book what I think they call a junior suite---they were all booked when we were there and our room, while nice, was very small. The suites (really just bigger rooms) were not that much more money and I would say worth it. we've also stayed at LaCisterna in San G and liked it. Have fun.

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 10:34 AM
richard j vicek

Good afternoon, Bebe <BR>The HOTEL BAROCCO, via della Purificazione, 4 is a four star hotel. <BR>Have not personally stayed at this <BR>hotel but am familiar with its location <BR>it is located just off the Pza Barberini <BR>which is the bottom of the via Veneto. <BR>Two blocks west down the Tritone, turning right up the via Due Macelli <BR>and two more blocks will place you at the Bottom of the Spanish Steps. You <BR>are within 10 mins walk to the Trevi and <BR>another 10 to the Rotunda and the Pza <BR>Navona. There are plenty of ristorantes and shops around. Richard of La Grange Park, IL.... <BR>

Old Dec 21st, 2000, 02:42 PM
lynn

my husband and i stayed at hotel barocco for 2 nights this year in november. definetly one of the nicer hotels in rome. the room we were in didn't have much of a view, but if we did have a view, i'm sure it would be noisy! the rooms have a lot of character, and seem to be all newly renovated and classy. marble floors and countertops... very clean! the front desk people were really friendly. if you get to piazza barberini, you'll find this hotel. excellent location! it's hardly a block from the skeleton monk basement. that was creepy but worth a looksie.

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 08:37 AM
Chris

I too, am going to Italy for the first time. I have learned so much from this board. I have decided on San Gimignano in Tuscany for three nights. I'm ready to confirm reservation at Antico Pozzo but just reviewed article on "Santa Fina Apartment" in via degli innocenti. Now of course I can't decide.Has anyone stayed there or anywhere else from Busini Rossi Carla. <BR>Thank you "Help me make up my mind"

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 05:24 PM
C. Cole

My daughter and I stayed at the Scalinata di Spagna on our last trip and we loved it! The location was convenient for us, the rooms were lovely and the terrace overlooked the Spanish Steps. Also, it's right across the street from the Hassler so we felt very safe.