Reload this Page >

How hot is the Moulin Rouge?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 03:25 AM
Al

My partner and I are taking his 32 year old daughter and her husband to Paris for their first trip to Europe in late February. We will spend most of our time in Paris. We were thinking of taking them to this famous club. Is this the place to go? If so, how much does it cost?

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 03:40 AM
crazyhorse

Hot? I think the "Crazy Horse" is definitely hotter.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 04:06 AM
Fred

There are roughly 3 groups of people who have been there (not me) about equal in size-<BR>One says they thought it was great fun and an all around good evening.<BR>One says the show was fun but the food mediocre and not worth it<BR>One says none of it worth it. I think these are people who have been to Vegas and seen the top-flight shows.<BR>I say - If you want to see it, go. It will be an experience and French people tell me the Moulin Rouge is the most typical.<BR>Dinner and show at 7:00 &ETH; from 820FF<BR>Show at 9:00 &ETH; 580FF<BR>Show at 11:00 &ETH; 520FF<BR>For more Paris information e-mail me: [email protected]

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 04:27 AM
xxx

Not.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 06:02 AM
alex

Details: quelle surprise, www.moulinrouge.fr. Enjoy.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 11:24 AM
John G

My good friend, Christina, who is from LA, went to the Moulin Rouge 3 years ago on her first trip to Paris. She was 20 then. She said it was boring and that it was suited for people her mother's age.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 04:48 PM
Christina

Hi - I was at the Moulin Rouge about 4 months ago. I am 26y.o, and in my opinion it was terribly boring. The audience was made up of an assortment of elderly people (not that there is anything wrong with that) and drooling men who sniggered and made stupid comments all throughout the show. The food was horrible.<BR>My advice would be to save that money and spend it somewhere truly 'authentic' in Paris. Watch 'Moulin Rouge' on video - it's much better!

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 05:43 PM
kiww

My understanding, based simply from what I've read & heard from others, is that it's a production for the tourists only.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 05:43 PM
kiwi

My understanding, based simply from what I've read & heard from others, is that it's a production for the tourists only.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 07:15 PM
Patrick

Or do we take your question literally? If you really mean how "hot" is it, the answer is "very" as the air conditioning is underpowered and it is incredibly smokey as well. But if you mean "hot" like "trendy", forget it. Watching the traffic circle the Arc de Triomphe would be a whole lot more exciting.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Christina

not hot except as Patrick says. I think you probably know anything like those "cabarets" is going to be touristy, but if you want something a little different and not where all the tourists go in droves, I'd suggest you go to the Paradis Latin on the Left Bank. It depends what you are looking for, Lido is very Las Vegasy with lasers, I gather. You can see ticket prices for probably all the main ones on www.ticketavenue.com If it were me, I'd much rather you take me to some club like the famous New Morning or Cithea or Bataclan in the 11th, the jazz club on the Ile de la Cite (forget it's name, check out www.jazzvalley.com) or the bars Man Ray or Buddha Bar (now those are hot, or were). Why don't you check out the entertainment section of www.timeout.com for Paris, it will give you better ideas.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 09:02 PM
lze

Hello Al, We are going to Paris this Spring and cannot wait. Don't think we will visit the Moulin Rouge. I have a friend who went last year and she said they pack people in like sardines, and said the same as others, that the food is not all that special. Think I would rather splurge on something else. Good luck to all of you and safe travels!

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 11:46 PM
andreas

Forget the Moulin Rouge, I've seen the show two years ago and it isn't worth it. Absolute tourist trap! Lousy food, rude service and boring show!