Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How full is American flight apt to be from Chicago to London and how full might British Air be from London to Australia?

Search

How full is American flight apt to be from Chicago to London and how full might British Air be from London to Australia?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 08:30 PM
Kathy

Can anyone guess if there might be sleeping space (empty seats) on either of these flight in early February? Thanks for replies!

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 08:43 PM
Kay

Kathy,<BR>tough question but in my limited experience, flights from London to Australia are usually pretty full. If you see any empty seats, move quickly just before the plane takes off or you will miss out.<BR>Kay

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 03:32 AM
Garry

If American flight is not full they may do what Continental did on December 26th. They canceled one flight and this way its next flight was 100% occupied.I don't think it was fair to us to be delayed over 4 hours but nobody said anything. I think that in those days airlines get away with many things that are not fair to their customer because we are trying to understand their tough situation and not expressing our opinions. <BR>I wouldn't count on having three seats across so you could sleep comfortably. But I would stop for at least one night in London to get some rest, to shower and change my clothes.From London to Australia is a looooooooong flight

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 04:55 AM
s.fowler

While it varies flights seem to be getting full again as the airlines figure out how many they need. Our flight ORD to FRA was half empty in sardine class going over on December 10, but completely full on December 21 coming back. This is when American's extra 2 inches are most welcome!

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 05:11 AM
JOdy

I have flown Ohare to London several times , always on American and even this early October the flight was almost full! And it was full coming back in November. I certainly would not count on any extra space , even in February. In fact I asked at the check-in counter if the flight was full, and they said it is ALWAYS full!

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 05:25 AM
xxx

Why not wait and see? What possible advantage can it give you to ask this silly question?

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 06:34 AM
Richard

Kathy, If you are a member of AA's web site you can view seat maps of your flight, showing occupied seats etc.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 07:37 AM
james

I've done the ORD/LHR route on AA many many times, and it's always full or almost full. February tends to be a little less busy, but with the great deals the airlines are promoting, flights are likely to remain busy in economy.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 07:58 AM
Kathy

Many thanks to all of you who replied with such helpful information. At this point the AA site shows possible sleep space but the flight is a month off, soooo..