Wengen and St. Moritz

Old May 25th, 2002, 04:39 AM
Brittany

Wengen and St. Moritz

Hello! I am trying to find a hotel to stay at in Wengen and St. Moritz at the beginning of July. I will be staying at each for two nights and would like to spend less than $175. I am trying to find places that have a scenic view and are close to some hiking trails. Any ideas???? Thanks.
Brittany

Old May 25th, 2002, 07:22 AM
Wayne

Stay in the Hotel Albana, in Silvaplana, a lovely little village on a beautiful lake only a couple of miles from St. Moritz. Actually, walking to St. Moritz from Silvaplana is a nice hike. And there are plenty of hiking trails all around into the hills anywhere around Silvaplana and St. Moritz.

In Wengen, I'd recommend the Alpenrose hotel. Enjoy your trip.

Old May 25th, 2002, 09:06 AM
Ingo

My suggestion for St. Moritz:

3star Waldhaus am See, one of the best 3stars in Switzerland, right on the lake and only a few steps away from the train station. Easy walking paths are starting from the hotel.

For a unique location have a look at Hotel Salastrains. It is located right in the hiking area, accessible by funicular from St. Moritz Dorf to Chantarella, then 5 or 10 minutes walk. But I guess they will care for the transfer.

Both hotels offer great views of the lakes and mountains.

In Silvaplana I recommend Hotel Bellavista. It is located in Silvaplana-Surlej, where the cable car to P. Corvatsch takes off. Great hiking area! Don't miss the hiking trail from the middle station of this cable car to Fuorcla Surlej (one of the best viewing points in the Alps) and further down to the Roseg Valley (Hotel Roseggletscher) from where you can go back by horse drawn carriage to Pontresina and bus/train to St. Moritz/Silvaplana.

Wengen: I second Wayne's recomendation, just want to add that 4star Hotel Regina is possibly in your price range (not sure), which offers spectacular views, too.

Ingo

Old May 25th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Brittany

Thanks for your help, I will look into your suggestions!
Brittany

Old May 25th, 2002, 05:14 PM
Brittany

Do either of you know how I can contact the Alpenrose hotel to make a reservation? I didn't see a website listed in my travel book. Thanks for your help!
Brittany

Old May 25th, 2002, 09:46 PM
Ingo

www.alpenrose.ch
[email protected]

But it seems to me they have problems with their website.

Ingo