Reload this Page >

How far is Seville from Costa del Sol?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Marina

How long would it take from Costa del Sol to get to Seville and are there Coach Tours going from Costa del Sol? Also, would Palma Majorca be closer to Barcelona and would there be a train service between the two? How long would it take? Please advise. Thank you.

Old May 19th, 2002, 06:33 AM
frank

Bus from Fuengirola or train from Cadiz.<BR>I think timetables are on the net somewhere.Not a huge journey.

Old May 19th, 2002, 08:21 AM
baerbel

Where did you stay in Costa Del Sol? I am thinking about staing at the Los Momteros? Any comments? <BR>Thamks

Old May 19th, 2002, 08:25 AM
lori

Just returned from Costa del Sol yesterday. We stayee in Marbella at the Puente Romano Hotel. It was fabulous. Some friends stayed at the Hotel Torrequebrada in Torromolinas (sp?) it was ok, but at $75.00 a night I thought it was a bargain. Hope this helps!

Old May 19th, 2002, 11:04 AM
Paula

It's my understanding that Serville is approximately 3 hours from Malaga. It's well worth going to, but you might want to at least stay overnight.<BR>Hope this helps.

Old May 20th, 2002, 02:38 AM
nikkit

You asked "would Palma Majorca be closer to Barcelona and would there be a train service between the two?" Mallorca is an island - you can get to it from Barcelona by ferry - overnight or fast ferry which takes about 5 hours.

Old May 21st, 2002, 12:53 PM
chris n

just got back from 2 and a half week trip to spain -- majority of time spent in andalucia. the drive is more like 5 hours from sevilla to malaga with only a couple of stops included in that time.<BR><BR>hope that helps. any other questions, ask away. would be happy to help.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Heather

I just did the drive from Malaga to Seville last week. We rented a car and it took only 2 hours and 15 mintues..and we did it not driving very fast...our little rental car didn't have all that much power!

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 07:23 AM
zee

Hi Heather I will be going to Marbella in the next few weeks. I plan to rent a car. How are the roads? I will be there for a week and do day trips(Rhonda Granada Nerja are some suggestions) Is it worth the trip to Seville driving for one day or take a tour bus for the daytrip. Also if I've read that if you do Seville don't do Granada? What advice can you give? It will be me and 3 teenage boys. thanks

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 10:17 AM
heather

First of all, you are going to love Marbella. We went for 1 day and it was probably the favorite part of our trip. If you are just going to Seville for the day you might not want to drive, I'm not sure where you would park your car and you will probably be very tired on the way home from all the walking you will do. I never went to Granda so I can't comment on that...but I did go to the caves in Nerja. Your kids will probably like it...it wasn't my favorite because it was very commercial and it only took us about 20 minutes to walk through. Hope this helps!