Reload this Page >

How far is Rome airport from Rome?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 02:51 AM
Caitlin H

Hi everyone, <BR> <BR>I have a flight coming in from Malta to Leonardo Da Vinci Airport Rome at 1:40pm and fly out again (back to Sydney) at 11:55pm that same night. <BR> <BR>Is there time to take a train to Rome for a bit of a wander and dinner? Or am I doomed to a 10 hour wait in Rome airport? <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR> <BR>Caitlin

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 04:11 AM
sally

i was just in rome last month. i took a cab from the airport and i think it probably was a 15 or 20 minute trip. i believe you can take the train but don't know how long that takes. i would think you should have plenty of time to take a trip into rome.

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 07:53 AM
Dan

Caitlin: <BR> <BR>There is train service every 30 mins and the ride takes 35 - 40 minutes to/from the airport and costs 18000 ITL one way. I'm not sure when the last train departs Termini for the airport, there is a web site for all Italian trains where you can get the schedule, but the address escapes me, sorry!. A cab from downtown to the airport took us about 30 mins and cost 85000 ITL with tip and baggage supplement. I agree with Sally you should have plenty of time. <BR> <BR>Dan

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 01:52 PM
Jim

Here is the URL for the scheduled trains. Only take the trains to the "Roma Termini". For the return schedule, double click on "Roma", then again on "Roma Fiumicino Aeroporto" <BR> <BR>http://www.itwg.com/trains/tr_furm.asp

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 02:22 PM
lola

You've got enough time, but try to put your luggage in a locker and wear a money belt or pouch. Thieves hang around the Termini. That said, have fun!

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 02:30 PM
Walter

Go to this site and click-on "Airport Maps" www.adr.it/en/fiumic/fiumic-00.html You will arrive on the ground floor and you must go up two levels to get to the walkways. Now on the map those yellow tubes are the walkways which will take you to the train station (in purple). Very easy one look outside and you see the train station and walkways. As you walk into the train station on the right there is a newstand/kiosk, buy 2 tickets (1 for the return). You will want the Termini train, there are only a few tracks (4?) so it's not hard to find. Be sure to validate 1 ticket before you board in any of the yellow boxes on the platform and the other ticket when you leave Termini. <BR>Also click-on "Trains" it tells you when the trains leave, so many mins before/after the hr. <BR>In Termini I would take the Metro to the Colosseum/Forum (only 2 stops away) and wander around there until sunset and then get something to eat. If you do this buy 2 metro tickets in Termini from any kiosk and take Metro "B" towards "Laurentina" get off at the 2nd stop "Colosso" and the Colosseum is right across the street and the Forum is to the right of the Colosseum a few hundred meters up that same street on the left. HTH Regards, Walter <BR>

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 11:55 PM
Catlin H.

Thanks for all the great responses. <BR> <BR>Thinking about it it seems like a taxi would be more sensible - especially considering how late it will be on our return. We will have spent some time in Rome earlier in the month, still it will be nice to relax and have dinner in what by that time will hopefully be one of our favourite cities! <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR> <BR>Caitlin