Reload this Page >

Security getting relaxed so soon.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 06:42 PM
Mary

I just saw where curb side checkin is being allowed again by United. Not that I thought that did alot in the way of protection, but give me a break! The airlines are begging for customers, the National guard won't be around till next week. Shouldn't they keep new restrictions in place, atleast until we don't hear on the news that there is still a serious threat from terrorism to us?

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 01:07 AM
Paul

You can't be serious!? I think I'll stick to Europe for my holidays from now. At least I know the worst risk there is that I might get pick-pocketed.

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 09:04 AM
Heavy Sigh

Yup. It looks like it is back to business as usual at our nation's airports. They are dismantling the new security protections (as feeble as they are) before they even bother to put any new ones in place. <BR> <BR>How quickly people forget.

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 04:47 AM
Sue

6000+ people die and they're dropping security already??! Well that convinces me. I shall never fly with an American airline again!

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 07:54 AM
Mary Ann

May I ask what is the difference between curb side and inside check in (other than the location)? <BR> <BR>The checked baggage still follows the same route, no extra or less examination (to my knowledge). <BR> <BR>The person flying and carry-on luggage still has to go through security and scanning. <BR> <BR>In both curb side and inside you are asked to present photo ID and the related questions. <BR> <BR>Perhaps the only difference I can think of is that you generally tip at curb side and do not on the inside. <BR> <BR>We just flew on the 20th, returning on the 27th. We used e tickets where the machine asked the questions, however, we still met with an attendant before handing over the luggage for picture ID. <BR> <BR>So my question is still what does inside check-in prevent that curb side check in did not? Is it the tipping that would encourage the reduction in security? Are these people less qualified to look at an ID? Keep in mind, the ID is still being examined when the person goes through the security scan. <BR> <BR>Just asking.