Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How and what to pack for Italy in June...Help?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going from Venice(3days) to Florence(3days), on to Cinque Terre(1 day) to Rome(3 days) in June, any recommendations on how/what to pack? I have read in different books and including this site that how you dress can make a big difference when it comes to restaurants and and overall experience....
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 06:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I have read in different books and including this site that how you dress can make a big difference when it comes to restaurants and and overall experience....>>

not unless you are planning to eat in 5* establishments.

dress for the weather and for comfort and you can't go far wrong.

[PS - bikinis at breakfast might be frowned on though!]
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 06:49 AM

www.onebag.com good tips for you.I dress down casual to blend darker clothing with some designer jeans or casual wear best. Garish colors Tank Tops shorts US sports caps polos tend to mark one for unwanted attention from thieves and scammers.If visiting churches this is especially important that shoulders and legs be covered to show respect for the culture you travel in.

Have fun!
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 09:36 AM

If you plan on eating in any upscale restaurants you will be more well received if you dress appropriately. For everyday touring casual clothes (adult casual clothes if you are an adult) will be fine. (Tee shirts with silly pictures and sayings, cut off jeans and dirty sneakers are not appropriate - except for cleaning out the garage IMHO)

For St Peters - and really any church - adults ( as in 12 and up - need to be sure they are dressed respectfully - cover legs from knees up, midriffs, bosoms and shoulders. Otherwise you may well not be alowed inside.