Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

HOUSE RENTAL IN WEST COUNTRY MEATH, IRELAND

Old Oct 9th, 2000, 03:01 PM
NONIE

We would like to rent a house next summer for a month - most likely in West County Meath area, any suggestions of places to find a nice place to rent with 3 bedrooms??

Old Oct 9th, 2000, 03:48 PM
Cathy

Nonie,
Can you clarify - are you looking for County Westmeath or the west part of Co. Meath ?

Second - what type of activites etc are you interested in ? and will you have a car ?

Post and I will try and help

Cathy

Old Oct 12th, 2000, 03:38 PM
nonie

Hi, I am not sure which place..either I guess or any place in the middle of the country where we can easily travel around. We will also need a car.

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 02:37 PM
Cathy

Nonie,
Sorry I didn't see your reply and so this answer may be a bit late. There are several options, however if you are looking for a central location I persume you are thinking of a base for doing day trips - where are you thinking of day tripping to ? Ireland is not a country for staying in one location and doing day trips. I live in Ireland and travel a lot throughout the country and believe me the roads are not suitable for long journeys (and the drivers are getting worse - the Irish ones who think they are Italian !!).

In Westmeath there are several lakes and interesting villages where you might like to stay - the village of Multyfarham outside Mullingar has wonderful houses for rent. Fore village is also worth a look. In Meath Oldcastle or Kells are both great for hiking and ancient sites and lakes. In Cavan there are several equine centres which has wooden log cabins for rent.

Try www.ireland.travel.ie for further information - it is the web site for the Irish tourist board,

Have a great time,

Cathy

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 04:02 PM
Art

Hi Nonie, just saw your post. Have you looked into home exchanges. I don't knoe where you live but there are companies that arrainge home exchanges. You can look at their web site, choose a countryand in many cases see pictures of their home/condo/etc and also see where they are interested in traveling.
If you are interested in a website e-mail me and I'll dig it up and send it to you.
Art