House boat trips in France

Old Jun 27th, 1999, 11:39 AM
Lydia

House boat trips in France

Let me assure BOB THE NAV - I have done a search on this forum - no mention of this topic

Has anybody done house boat trips on the waterways of France, more specifically St Malo, Dinan - Rennes, or Loire Valley regions? I have come across a couple of references to such routes on the internet, but have not accumulated enough information in order to choose a renting company. There are some listed under certain search engins, but they are not in the regions mentioned. Maybe sombody knows who I can contact for more information regarding house boat rentals in those regions ...?
Thank you!

Old Jun 27th, 1999, 02:01 PM
eric

Try www.locaboat.com, I did and they sent me a brochure which does cover the regions that you mentioned plus others, thier web site is what basiclly was covered in thier brochure. also try rive de france.com. hope this helps also try to put canal du midi in the fodors search engine and it might give you some interesting entries. eric

Old Jun 27th, 1999, 10:35 PM
Lydia

Thanx, Eric, you're a star!

Old Jun 28th, 1999, 04:01 AM
francesca

Try searching for "canals" in France and I am sure you will find my posting (long). If not, let me know. I did a trip down the Canal du Midi and loved it. We used Rives de France.

Old Aug 20th, 1999, 05:42 AM
Janet

We used Crown Blue (www.crownblue.com) doing the Midi Canal. We've been to 35 countries and L O V E D the canal trip. Need more info, write me back. I spend a year researching each trip so know virtually every company out there.

Old Aug 20th, 1999, 09:21 AM
Lydia

Thanx, Janet - look out for my e-mail message!

Old Aug 20th, 1999, 03:24 PM
Jim

We are using crown Blue in five weeks and have been very happy with their information, prices and answering of all our questions as we think of them via e-mail.
Our contact has been:
"Emma"
[email protected]

Good luck

Old Aug 20th, 1999, 05:30 PM
Mary

Thank you Francesca for the info you provided some time ago. We have plans to do such a trip in October. We have arrangements with Locaboats Plaisance and are looking forward to our trip.

Janet: Please share tips from your trip. One of my few questions is??

Therefore, please share any or all of your surprises of living on board a penichette in France.