Reload this Page >

House/apartment rentals in England

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 05:52 PM
John

Hello, I'll be on sabbatical during March-May and need to find a long-term rental or a housesitting opportunity anywhere near Birmingham or Manchester. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Many thanks, John.

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 07:35 AM
Lou

I would rent a house for a week, like a vacation home, and then look for long term housing. You can then contact a real estate agent in the area you like. A few months is a long time to stay in a place you may or may not like when selected long distance. One company that does vacation rentals is Lynott Tours.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 07:25 PM
John

Lou, That's great advice. I'll contact <BR>Lynott tours to see what they have available. Probably won't be a rush to book the Midlands in March! John.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 07:54 PM
arjay

Just spent part of this morning re-organizing voluminous travel files (whatever makes me think I'll live long enough or have a tenth of the money to travel to all these places...?) <BR> <BR>But I digress...I came across a very thick brochure from The London Connection.... <BR> <BR>http://www.london.conn.com <BR> <BR>and e-m: [email protected] <BR> <BR>Now I can, unfortunately, give you no testimonial..and at the time I rec'd this brochure, they dealt with London properties. But perhaps they have broadened their scope, or can refer you to a Midlands agency. Happy travels.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 11:43 AM
corinne

I live north of Birminham in the North West Leicestershire area (near Ashby de la Zouch). Do you want me to make some enquiries? Contact me.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 09:55 PM
Michelle

John: I rent out my house and can highly recommend my house agents. They are the largest in the NW of England and very professional. To get a feel for what's available in M/C area and rental charged suggest you look at : www.robertjordan.co.uk <BR> <BR>Holiday rentals will be more expensive than a normal rental, but for the latter the agent will probably want you to sign a Short Term Tenancy Agreement (this gives landlord protection if you refuse to move out). STTA is for min. of 6 months, but don't be put off, there are ways around this that enable you to sign but still move out prior to 6 month agreement.