hours for amex in Venice, specially, sat

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 07:09 AM
littlear

hours for amex in Venice, specially, sat

Please advise me of the hours of theAm Ex office in Venice. I need to buy tickets there and I want to reserve a Gondola ride

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 07:28 AM
Rich

Following is from the American Express website regrading the office in Venice:
http://travel.americanexpress.com/tr...solistcity.asp

American Express Travel Service
1471 San Marco

Telephone
(041) 5200844

Hours
M-F 9:00AM- 5:00PM

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 11:47 AM
littlear

Thank you soo much for this info, I was hoping they were also open on Sat., as that is when we are arriving, I think I will call Am Ex or look at their site. Thanks again, littlear

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 12:51 PM
Walter

littlear: Italian Travel Agencies just like AmEx also sell train tickets and speak English. Perhaps they will be open on Sat. For a list of them in Venice go to www.fs-on-line.com on the "English" page click-on "Agencies", on the map click-on "Veneto", on the next map click-on "Venezia", and on the list of locations click-on "Venezia". I haven't had any problems purchasing tickets in the major city stations, the ticket agents I've encountered have all spoken English. I still write out what I want to make it easier and clearer for them and myself, using European dates/time. 17/04/01, 0825, ES1234 (train #), 2 1st or 2nd Biglietto/tickets, no-smoking/smoking, and "yes/no seat reservations" if aren't mandatory (they are on the Eurostar). HTH Regards, Walter

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 01:04 PM
Jane

I'm not sure about the Venice office, but we used the American Express office in Nice and had undestood from the Amex website that they would only be open from 9-5 M-F. However, the Nice office WAS open on Saturday. So, it may be worth your while to call.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 03:01 PM
littlear

Thank y'all sooo much, I am getting excited and my family is so thankful that I am getting great advice. littlear

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 05:02 AM
Jo

I found an e-mail address for Amex office in Venice. I haven't tried it so I don't know if it works.

[email protected]

I found this on the www.meetingvenice.com website