Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Hotels Venice, Milan, Florence (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/hotels-venice-milan-florence-129932/)

Barbara Jun 13th, 2001 12:44 PM

Hotels Venice, Milan, Florence

I've just booked the Delle Nazini in Milan, The Savoia & Jolanda in Venice and the Paris in Florence thru hotelsitaly.com This is for September. Any advise? Things to be aware of? Do they have elevators? Help appreciated. <BR>Barbara

Joan Jun 13th, 2001 03:33 PM

Iam also going to be in Venice and Florence in September and hope someone gives us some information. I was leaning toward the Best Western San Marco or the Bisanzio also a Best Western. Why did you pick hotels you picked? Florence I have not picked out yet.Rome I picked Hotel Oxford. I will be watching for advice. Love this site.

susanne Jun 13th, 2001 05:04 PM

Look into the Hotel Cascia in Florence. Affordable, has an elevator. Can be booked from their own family website. It is not fancy but the rooms were clean and large, centrally located one block from the Duomo and the train station. Our family stayed their last month and it was a great base from which to travel all over.

John Jun 14th, 2001 06:04 AM

Barbara: Had lunch at the restaurant at the Savoia & Jolanda, not very good and overpriced. We had breakfast at the restaurant directly next door (can't remember the name) and it was quite good and reasonably priced. The location is great, steps from the Danieli directly on the lagoon. Very busy area and right off of San Marco. <BR>

sharon Jun 14th, 2001 06:22 AM

There is a fabulous hotel in Florence but it is outside the immediate tourist area. 15 minute walk to get there, but worth it. Family owned and run only 26 rooms. Tell them I sent you <BR>Hotel David <BR>1 Viale Michelangelo <BR>055 6811695 phone <BR>055 680602 fax

kathy Jun 14th, 2001 01:15 PM

dear barbara <BR>I was in italy last sept. in venice i stayed at hotel bellini it was right next to the train station so it had easy acsess when coming and going it was a very nice hotel(one of the nicest that i stayed at in italy). it also has a vapoetta stand across from the hotel.in florence i really likes the hotel roma, it also is close to the train station and about a 10 minute walk to the tourist places. it is on the square of santa maria novella. there is also a restaurant around the corner that was the best i've had in italy that was reasonable priced called cafe martinque. good luck!

Marwah Jun 15th, 2001 10:46 AM

I just got back from a trip to Italy. We stayed at the Hotel Goldoni in Florence ($150 for a triple), near the river Arno, 5 minute walk north of the train station. It was clean, family run, very nice, includes breakfast. <BR>In Venice we stayed at the Hotel Continental. $250 for a triple, one block away from the train station. It was clean, convenient and included breakfast. I would recommend either of those.

Diane Jun 15th, 2001 11:01 AM

Location, location, location are the most important things if you want to enjoy these cities most. Don't think there's any problem with your picks in Venice or Florence, where is the Hotel Oxford in Rome? We stayed near Piazza Navona at the Hotel Due Torri (well loved on this forum) and could walk everywhere we wanted to go. We'll stay there when we go back to Rome unless I get a freebie from Starwood points. It was a wonderful hotel in a great location.

megan Jun 15th, 2001 07:18 PM

Barbara - what type of hotels are you looking for?

megan Jun 15th, 2001 07:19 PM

Joan - actually, the above was for you. What type hotel are you looking for?

Joan Jun 16th, 2001 03:17 PM

Hi <BR>First the Hotel Oxford is a street over from the Via Veneto and American Embassy puts visitors there.A quad was 255.00 per night. <BR>The hotels in Venice and Florence just need to have a private bath and air conditioning. One of the woman traveling with me is older and I thought we should be close to tourist area but price plays a part. around 200.00-250.00 would be good