Hotels Regencia Colon and Las Ramblas

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 12:34 PM
Lonnie

Hotels Regencia Colon and Las Ramblas

We are going to Spain in September and all of the hotels recommended on this forum are already booked. Has anyone heard of the hotels "Regencia Colon" (this is not the highly recommended Colon) or Las Ramblas hotel? Any suggestions? Thank you! This forum has been a great help in planning our trip!

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 01:26 PM
Beth

Lonnie -
I stayed at the NH Podium Hotel a couple of years ago. It is a beautiful hotel, well within walking distance of Placa de Catalunya and the subway (I don't remember what it is called locally). The service was excellent and the rooms (especially the bathrooms) were very nice. I don't remember what the price was, but I know it was a little more toward the high side. Nothing like the Ritz or Four Seasons would be here! It was definitely worth what we paid though. I've added a brief description taken off their website at http://barcelona.travel.spb.ru/spain/barcelona/sel1.asp
This link takes you to a list of all hotels in Barcelona.

Address: BailÚn, 4-6; ; Barcelona; Spain

Near Placa de Catalunya and the Rambla, the heart of Barcelona and one of its main shopping and business areas. Colour TV With Remote Control, Satellite TV, Canal Plus, Piped Music, Cloakroom Service, Bathroom Complements, Pillows A La Carte, Direct TV.

Hope this helps.
Beth

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 01:28 PM
Beth

Lonnie -

I just reread your post and I guess I just assumed you meant Barcelona. If so, great. If not, then you have some information on Barcelona if you ever need it!

Beth

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 01:58 PM
Lonnie

Beth-Thank you for the information. The hotels mentioned are in Barcelona. We are also visiting Madrid and the Andalusian region. Thank you again for your help.

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 01:42 PM
Jennifer

My parents and sister just came back from Spain. My sister stayed at the well known "Colon" and loved it, however, she recommended to my mom to stay at the Regencia Colon because it is the siser hotel and the rooms are not much different, also you can use all the facilities in both hotels. Anyway, it is suppose to be a wonderufl location. My mom did stay there and thought it was great. My husband and I are planning a trip there this fall and have already booked a room there. The Regencia is a lot less money and you don';t get a lot less than the "Colon". I hope this information is helpful. Have fun.

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 10:02 AM
Marisa

I just returned from my honeymoon in Spain and stayed at the Regencia Colon in Barcelona -- we HIGHLY recommend it! Our rate was only 16,500 pesetas (just under $100 I think). The staff was VERY helpful and very nice. I speak fluent Spanish and so I thought that would matter but I heard the staff speaking perfect English to other English-speaking tourists. The Regencia Colon arranged for a car to pick us up at the airport, for only 6,000 pesetas. After a long flight, it was nice to simply have a very friendly driver waiting for us. I guess the hotel was recently renovated b/c the floors and paint were shining -- the rooms were quiet, very clean and very comfortable size -- we even had a partial view of the Cathedral tower from both our rooms (we liked the hotel so much that we returned a week later for the last night of the trip). The restaurant was just renovated and they had a nice-looking buffet breakfast -- although the TAVERNA BISBE is just across the Plaza and we had great breakfast there every morning. The front-desk clerks booked tix for us to see a great flamenco show in the Plaza Real, they recommended the fantastic restaurant LES QUINZE NITS, and were otherwise super-friendly. You can't beat the price of the hotel for the great location in the Barrio Gotico -- we walked everywhere, except when we needed the Metro and there are 2-3 Metro stops very close to the hotel. BUEN VIAJE!