Hotels near Via Veneto in Rome?

Apr 30th, 2003, 01:36 PM
Biz
Original Poster

Hotels near Via Veneto in Rome?

My husband and I are planning on staying at the Westin Excelsior on the Via Veneto in Rome in May. A close friend will be joining us in Rome, but only wants to pay about half the $400/night rate at the Excelsior. Does any one know of any good/interesting hotels nearby the Excelsior to suggest to him? I love our friend, but apparently not enough to switch to a more moderate hotel.
Apr 30th, 2003, 02:02 PM

Have them check out the new Boscolo Hotel Aleph which is in the neighborhood. There's some excellent photos of this hotel on romeby.com, which rates it as a 5* hotel. We got a special rate on Travelocity for around $250 a night in May including taxes for a double room. Also try venere.com which I later found out had lower rates. The hotel appears very modern and ultra-hip. Another more elegant hotel to consider is the Boscolo Exedra, which you can also find special rates for, but it is a bit more expensive and further away.
Apr 30th, 2003, 02:16 PM

We are staying at the Rose Garden Palace in June and it is located right near the Excelsior. It is a new boutique hotel and supposed to be wonderful. The rates vary, but the internet has some good rates through their website. http://www.rosegardenpalace.com/en/welcome.html
Apr 30th, 2003, 02:17 PM

I can suggest the following very good hotels along Via Veneto:
Regina Baglioni
Ambasciatori Palace
Boscolo Grand Hotel Palace
Majestic
Imperiale
I particularly like Boscolo Hotel because it is very elegant (there is another Boscolo hotel in Piazza della Repubblica which is really awesome) and because it has a wonderful 20ies style. Have a look at http://www.palace.boscolohotels.com/...10/index.shtml
Apr 30th, 2003, 02:22 PM

Biz:
I have checked the Boscolo Hotel Grand Palace site and they have got a wonderful offer valid until may consisting on 2 nights in a standard room+ buffet breakfast+ cocktail+ guided tour for 300 euros per person.
Check anyway in their site for offers or consider also the Boscolo Exedra which can have excellent offers.
May 8th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Biz
Original Poster

Thanks for your posts. They have been very helpful.
May 8th, 2003, 05:40 PM

Hotel Savoy (or Savoia) is nearly at the corner of Via Veneto. It's in fact in Via Ludovis. It's a nice four stars hotel, and the rates shall be around 200 Euro.

http://www.venere.it/it/roma/savoy/rooms.html

I hope it helps.

S