Search

Hotels near Rome FCO Airport?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels near Rome FCO Airport?

Hello all,
I have looked in many of my guide books and can not find any information for a hotel right near Rome FCO Airport for the end of our trip. We will not be staying in Rome, but know that we could stay near Termini Station for the direct train to the airport. But we will be spending our last few days in Tuscany and would prefer dropping off our rental car and staying right near the airport for our morning flight back to the US, rather than going into Rome to stay one night. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Dave and Donna Pittsburgh, PA
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 06:11 PM

Moorefun, we looked also for a hotel near the airport during our last night. We finally decided on the Holiday Inn ROME-EUR PARCO DEI MEDICI. The have free parking.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/925/en/hd/romdm

We have a 9:30am flight and will drop off our rental car that morning (7:00 AM).
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 05:26 AM

There is a Hilton Hotel right at the airport. I have stayed there and thought the service was terrible and the atmosphere very cold.....but it is very convenient.
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 06:03 AM

I want to be very close the last night for early flight!
Reviewed Hilton right at airport and the Holiday is 6 miles away. I am going for the Holiday. I did search under FCO airport hotels and several come up.
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 08:02 PM

I stayed at the Hilton my last night and had an early plane - it was great because you just walk to your gate... no worrying about taxis or shuttles. It was actually kinda nice to stay in an American hotel that last night - I was on overload by then!
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 05:39 AM

Goodmorning, Have also used the HOLIDAY INN, Parco di Medici, it is about 10 mins from FCO, we returned the car and took the their shuttle bus
to the hotel and also for the return in the morning. Richard of LaGrange Park, IL>.
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 05:43 AM
ira

Hi moore,

We also stayed at the Holiday Inn and liked it.

If you email them, they will send you the schedule for the shuttle to/from the airport.
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 06:30 AM

Hi Dave and Donna fellow Pittsburghers.

Well, I opted for the Airport Hilton when my daughter and I drove in from Tuscany.

We dropped the car off at the airport, walked to the hotel and in the morning it was a snap. Just pulled our suitcases to the terminal.

Call Hilton and ask them what is the most reasonable rate they have. Sometimes it can be expensive but I liked taking care of the car the day before the flight.

By the way, if you decide to go into Rome, they used to have a shuttle from the hotel which would take you in on a scheduled pick and drop off service.

Have a wonderful time.
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 06:45 AM

Moorefun, what time is your flight? Rental cars open up at 7:00 am.

I looked at the Hilton, but they wanted 252 Euro where as Holiday Inn only 115 Euro w/breakfast. The difference will easily pay for my last night's dinner in Rome.

With the free parking, we plan to get to the Holiday Inn around 2:00pm, check in, catch the train into Rome, wander around, have an early dinner, and return to pack.

The following morning, drive to FCO (7-8 Miles) return rental and shuttle to departure terminal.
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 07:47 AM

Do you have Hilton Honors membership? I used that and in March 2004 I paid 100 euro including a large buffet breakfast, call around.

I should quit recommending this Hilton though, it is getting more crowded every trip.
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the good ideas (and greetings to Sher from Pittsburgh)! We are not leaving for USA until 11:00 am from Rome, but thought it would be more convenient to be near the airport for that last night, rather than staying wherever we wil be in Tuscany or staying in Rome for 1 night.
I will try both the Hilton and the Holiday Inn, but I agree that if the price difference is over 100 Euro, I will stay at the Holiday Inn and drop the car off in the morning.
I am getting a little nervous about our plans that keep changing. We have not been to Tuscany before, so look forward to it. Some of the places I have seen would be nice to stay for a week, but may not be convenient as moving around. I have been spending so much time trying to figure the logistics of getting to Sicily from Rome and staying there, that I have neglecting the Tuscany part of the trip. Being that it is November though, it won't be as busy as it normally is. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
Donna and Dave, from Pittsburgh, PA