Hotels near Positano

May 14th, 2002, 07:02 PM
alp

Hotels near Positano

We want to stay near Portofino (easy access to Cinque Terra) this summer. Any suggestions?
Does anyone know anything about or has anyone stayed in any of the following hotels?
- Hotel Piccolo (Portofino)
- Hotel Cenobio dei Dogi (Camogli)
- Portofino Kulm (same owners as Cenobio above)
Thanks for your input.

May 15th, 2002, 07:47 AM
Julie

I've stayed at Cennobio dei Dogi several times. It's large, has nice grounds, beautiful public rooms, and if you ask for the junior suites which open onto the swimming pool, has beautiful rooms. Because it's large, it can sometimes feel a little empty--especially the giant dining room where they serve breakfast. But it overlooks the sea and has a lovely pool area with views of both the sea and the length of the Camogli main street along the shore. Since you're going in summer, the emptiness aspect should take care of itself. I recommend the place highly. (recognize that this is portofino area, not positano--I understand the confusion. We've stayed in both and I frequently say one when I mean the other. Makes no difference. Both are wonderful.)

May 15th, 2002, 08:01 AM
oops

your heading says positano, not portofino, at least they're in the same country!

Search this Thread