Reload this Page >

Hotels near Portofino

Search

Hotels near Portofino

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2002, 03:39 PM
alp

Hotels near Portofino

We want to stay near Portofino (easy access to Cinque Terra) this summer. Any suggestions? <BR><BR>Does anyone know anything about or has anyone stayed in any of the following hotels?<BR>- Hotel Piccolo (Portofino)<BR>- Hotel Cenobio dei Dogi (Camogli)<BR>- Portofino Kulm (same owners as Cenobio above)<BR><BR>Thanks for your input.

Old May 14th, 2002, 04:47 PM
Gail

I have stayed in the Piccolo 2 summers ago and it was great! Make sure you get a room with a view. Portofino was my favorite town on the month long trip because it was so beautiful and peaceful. I have heard that Camogli is the poorer man's Portofina and perhaps could be more difficult to get to Cinque Terra. The breakfast in the morning was great; the staff was very friendly. I could probably dig out the brochure if you had more questions.

Old May 14th, 2002, 04:59 PM
alp

Thanks, Gail. That was the hotel I was leaning towards. You just reconfirmed my leaning!

Old May 14th, 2002, 05:05 PM
Gail

I heard you can hike over the hill to Camogli. I would check it out if I had known about it when I was there. Don't get turned off by the cove in front of the Piccolo. All the "sea trash" seams to end up there in the morning and late afternoon because of the "cove" geography. They try to keep it clean but it is still ok to swim there. How long are you staying there?

Old May 14th, 2002, 07:01 PM
alp

Gail,<BR>Unfortunately we will only be at the Piccolo two nights and then we head for home after two weeks in Italy (Venice, Florence, Siena). Thanks for the suggestions. alp

Old May 15th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Jan

ttt

Old May 7th, 2003, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will be staying at Hotel Piccolo as well in June and was wondering how it was. Wanted to stay in SML but my boyfriend is fighting for Portofino. I hope we won't make a mistake. Any restaurant suggestions? Also, is there a beach in Hotel Piccolo??
Old May 10th, 2003, 05:04 AM

We are staying at the Cenoboi Dei Dogi at the end of May for 2 nights. It came highly recommended from one of my co-workers that stayed there on her honeymoon. It is right on the water and is in a great location. The other recommendations I got were that Portofino is overpriced for lodging and food,but worth a visit. There is more to see in Camogli anyone, as I have been told. Everyone I talked to recommended staying in Camogli over Portofino. I will be posting a summary of my trip at the end of the month....stay tuned for a firsthand account of my stay at Cenobio dei Dogi!
Old May 10th, 2003, 07:56 AM

Alp, Those are all lovely hotels and wonderful venues but are not close to the CT--was that your criterion.
Old May 13th, 2003, 03:57 PM

WILL BE STAYING AT PICCOLO FOR 2 NIGHTS AND CENOBIO DEI DOGGI FOR 2 NIGHTS AS WELL SO I WILL BE ABLE TO COMPARE CAMOGLI AND PORTOFINO. WILL BE TRAVELING IN JUNE SO I AWAIT YOUR COMMENTS DURING THE END OF MAY!
Old May 19th, 2003, 06:08 PM

We stayed at cenobio dei dogi last march and we liked it very much. It is a better place and area to stay in than at Portofino where everything is just so pricey and full of tourist. But of course, we still enjoyed doing a day trip to portofino and found have and afternoon snack in Splendido just magical.

We had a great ocean view of the sunset from our window and sunrise view was so beautiful. Camogli had a real town feel than Portofino.