Hotels near Gatwick Airport

Mar 13th, 2000, 11:37 AM
Chris

Hotels near Gatwick Airport

Hi -
I am wondering if anyone knows of some budget hotels within 5-10 miles of Gatwick Airport?

Mar 13th, 2000, 01:18 PM
Russ

My family stayed at a great B&B in the town of Horley, just a couple minutes from the airport. It's one train stop from Gatwick, but the B&B owners shuttled us at no charge. It's called the Copperwood Guesthouse, and it's run by the Hooks family. It was about 50 pounds for the three of us, a good price considering the nice, quiet room, good service, and huge breakfast. There's a listing at the following site along with a number of other B&B's in Horley -- look under "Gatwick Airport".

www.accomodata.com

Mar 13th, 2000, 02:15 PM
Jeff

Hi Chris,
Last May I stayed at a very nice B&B 5 miles from Gatwick Airport. The name of it was Crutchfield Farm. It was had to believe that I was that close to an airport as it is a very rural setting. I would highly recommend it. Type Crutchfield Farm B&B on your browser and you will find more info. on it. Have a good trip!

Apr 11th, 2000, 06:38 AM
anna

I live just 4 miles from Gatwick & can confirm Horley which is about 2 miles from the airport has numerous B&B's reasonably priced. You can hire a car locally or get the Gatwick Express train(25mins) to London (running every 30 mins). I have no idea why all visitors stay in high priced London and miss the wealth of the countryside / fetes / markets / gardens & history etc.,
offered in the counties.
Should you require some help let me know & I will contact various B&B's in the area & e-mail details back

Apr 11th, 2000, 07:06 AM
elaine

I had compiled the following information:
Lawn Guest House, Horley, Surrey, 1.5 miles from airport. Renovated Victorian house. Very clean, all private bathrooms. Non-smoking. Complete breakfast included. In 1999 price for double was 45 pounds.
www.lawnguesthouse.co.uk

Poplars Guest House, 87 Povey Cross Rd, Hookwood, Surrey
Phone 011 44 1293 772 149 fax 011 44 1293 781266
Room rate includes full breakfast. Can arrange for airport pick up and delivery

Gable End Guest House, 25 Church Rd, Horley, Surrey
5 minutes from Gatwick. 5 rooms all with bath or shower. Full breakfast.
Phone/fax 01293 783 679
Pick up and delivery to/from Gatwick is available. This is said to be more upscale than many B&Bs.

Church Farm House, Wisley, Surrey
Phone 1932 351683
Restored manor house. Easy drive from both Gatwick and Heathrow. Also near West Byfleet train station for easy transport into London.
Corner House Hotel, 72 Massetts Rd, Horley, Surrey phone 0144 01293 784574
Fax 0144 10293 784620
Close to Gatwick. Free shuttle service to airport. Free phone to use by the shuttle bus stop at lower level, curbside, of South Terminal at Gatwick. Place is modern and clean.

Search this Thread