Hotels near Gare St Lazare

Nov 22nd, 2007, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

Hotels near Gare St Lazare

Have a morning train out of Gare St Lazare. Arrive night before via Orly. Any suggestions on places to stay that are <140 Euro single?
Nov 22nd, 2007, 08:53 AM

Do you want to be within a block or so and short walking distance, or just relatively close?

Because I highly recommend the Hotel Langlois on rue St Lazare which has rates only about 100-120 euro for a single.
http://www.hotel-langlois.com

I stayed there last summer and really like it a lot. It's about 4-5 blocks from gare St Lazare, though, although you could walk that if you travel lightly. However, the St Trinite metro stop is right at the end of its street, and the St Lazare metro stop is just one stop away on the same line.
Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:30 PM

I second the Langlois. We loved it and the staff is wonderful. It's a very romantic hotel. I can't say enough for it.
Nov 22nd, 2007, 08:20 PM

We have stayed in Paris twice at the Hotel Brittania, rue D'Amsterdam directly opposite the Gare St. Lazare. The Hotel is very reasonably priced, clean with an average breakfast, but the position is great. ATM and Post office opposite in the station building - just up the road from the Opera house and LaFayette. Have recommended it to several others - All were happy as you cant beat the Location. Cheers Pawsha
Nov 23rd, 2007, 04:00 AM

I third the Hotel Langlois.
Nice people w/metro & a couple of
cafes a block away.
www.hotel-langlois.com
Feb 13th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Original Poster

Ended up staying at the Hotel Langlois. Nice place. had a room on the 5th floor facing the street, so had a slight view of Sacre Coure. The room was HUGE with a bankette, big bed, armoire and a fireplace. Would stay there again no problem