Hotels near Athens Airport

Aug 10th, 2001, 08:35 AM
Islandbound

Hotels near Athens Airport

Any recommendations for reasonably priced hotels near Athens International Airport. We arrive in the evening and plan to take a ferry or domestic flight out the next morning and want to avoid central Athens if at all possible. thanks.

Aug 10th, 2001, 11:14 AM
Lee

The only hotel that I know of near the new Athens International Airport is the Sofitel Hotel. It is scheduled to open in September 2001. It is not, however, moderately priced. I would check with a local (Athens) travel agent. There must be other hotels near the new airport.

Aug 10th, 2001, 11:30 AM
Barbara

There is a Best Western hotel (although it may not be called Best Western) very close to the airport that is reasonable and fine for an overnight stay

Aug 10th, 2001, 01:54 PM
Mich

The Sofitel Hotel in the airport is now planned to open Oct. 1. I had reservations for Sept. 29 and three weeks after they took the reservation they notified me they could not honor the reservation. It was $125.00 for the night. I now am looking again.

Sep 5th, 2001, 05:34 PM
Carol

My contact in Athens suggested a few hotels in Glyfada, since the Sofitel will be pricey, and certainly it may not be completed. I have stayed at the Fenix several years ago. It was fine - clean -cooperative stay....they got up at 5AM to serve us breakfast before
we left for the airport at 6AM!

Sep 5th, 2001, 07:28 PM
Mike

I've lived in Athens for three years and the Fenix and Emmantina hotels in the suburb Glyfada are good buys. The Fenix hotel is a Best Western hotel and you should be able to do a search on the web to find information/reservations for the Emmantina. Good luck!