Hotels in Wengen, Switzerland

Mar 13th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Original Poster

Any advise for hotel in Wengen. I picked some of the following but not sure which is good. OR which should I pick in Wengen.

Hotel Regina, Wengen
Hotel Schonegg, Wengen
Hotel & Spa Victoria-Lauberhorn, Wengen
Mar 13th, 2018, 06:54 PM

Hi, I am the person who suggestede the Hotel Schonegg. I cannot tell you about the other two hotels, but the Schonegg is very nice, clean, great location, great views of the Mountains, the Monch, Jungfrau and side of the Eiger. Traditional Swiss type room with lots of wood paneling, nice bathroom, It is less than a block to the lift up to the Mannlichen, but I do not recall when you are traveling, I was there in July, nice patio ououtside for drinks, lunches. We included the breakfast and dinner with our room and it was excellent. Location is excellent, at the end of the street of little stores. The Mannlichen is a vast plateau surronded by the mountians and you can hike, go out to the hotel/restaurant out on the plateau or follow hiking trains or come back down. My son hiked to neighboring villages and I came back down due to knee replacement that I was getting over. It may be a bit more expensive but was well worth it to us. Also there is a grocery nearby as you get off the train so you could bring food to the room for a lunch etc. You can see pictures of it if you google the ot hotel. am having trouble with computer so may have some odd spelling/words over on the right. Also if you bring hotel phone # with you they will pick up at train so you don't have to schlep your bags to the hotel. Check out all 3 hotels on google, and I made my reservations over the Internet and brought my confirmation papers with me. I think the Schonegg might be a smaller hotel, but very nice, and I am very picky. Sue inG
Mar 14th, 2018, 04:38 AM

We like the Hotel Bellevue. Their corner room offers fabulous views of the Jungfrau. The food was memorable too.

https://www.bellevue-wengen.ch/home.html
Mar 14th, 2018, 08:21 PM
Original Poster

Any advise on the following hotels.
Hotel Regina, Wengen
Mar 14th, 2018, 08:21 PM
Original Poster

Any advise on the following hotels.
Hotel Regina, Wengen
Mar 15th, 2018, 05:40 AM

HI, why don't you email the hotels directly and ask them for specifics. there was one with a nice garden, but cannot recall the name. Also there ids a good pizza place there on the main street, sort of a little bar with a deck.
Mar 15th, 2018, 03:32 PM

We stayed in Hotel Schonegg and it was memorable. We were upgraded to a huge room on the top floor. Balcony with mountain views. Soaking tub, lots of wood , very comfortable beds. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. There are two restaurants; the first is a small cafe in the back of the hotel, and service here was spotty. But the large restaurant was spot on with service and food. Morning buffet was fine, with homemade pastry. Highly recommend.
Mar 16th, 2018, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

Hotel Selection in Wengen

Hi - I have checked reviews I found some hotels in Wengen,Switzerland but not sure which is in great location. Please guide on this to choose hotel.
Hotel Baren,Hotel and Spa Victoria-Lauberhorn,Hotel Alpenrose,Hotel Schonegg,Hotel Berhaus

Thanks,
Mar 16th, 2018, 05:07 PM
kja

FYI: The OP has begun another thread on this topic:
https://www.fodors.com/community/eur...engen-1650339/
Mar 16th, 2018, 05:09 PM
kja

Was there something specific you need to know that wasn't mentioned on your other thread or that you can't find on booking.com, tripadvisor.com, or a guidebook?
Mar 16th, 2018, 05:36 PM
Forum Moderator

••••••••. Your two threads have been merged into one •••••••••
Mar 16th, 2018, 10:11 PM

We loved the Hotel Alpenrose, it is 5 minutes downhill from station (so obviously an uphill walk back), very quietly located, south facing rooms with balcony have wonderful views, the half board is outstanding, - following photos taken from balcony or near hotel.

Hotel Alpenrose is to the left of this photo

View from balcony, Hotel Alpenrose
Mar 16th, 2018, 10:20 PM

Hi kenny Gua,

I second the recommendation of the Hotel Alpenrose. I've stayed there two times and really enjoyed it for the views, the beautiful and charming decor, and the helpful attitude of the staff.

The hotel has a notebook that documents its 150-year history as a hotel. I think I remember that the current owners have had it in their family for about 100 years. The current owner was the chef, and his wife managed the front of the hotel. When I was last there several years ago, the daughters were studying hospitality.

Yes, the hotel sits away from the main part of town, but I liked that; it was nice and quiet. But the hotel will use its electric van to pick you up from the train station, and run you to the train station daily for your excursions, if you want (I had to tell them daily that I enjoyed the walk).

Have fun as you plan!

s
Mar 17th, 2018, 02:26 AM
Original Poster

I want to stay near to station because I have to kids. That's why I was looking near to station. How about Spa Victoria-Lauberhorn,Hotel ?
Mar 17th, 2018, 10:56 AM

Hi, Kenny, Remember this is a small village, so nothing is very far. The alpenrose does look like an incredible setting. For your info the Hotel Schonegg is about one block from the station, sort of at the end of the street, up a little incline, but quite easily accessible. Most of the hotels will do a pick up at the station in a small motorized vehicle/golf card sort of thing, IF you call them when you get to the station, and return you when you leave. Ask how many blocks the Hotel Alpenrose is from the station, but I doubt it is very far. Sue
Mar 17th, 2018, 12:07 PM

kenny -

The Victoria Lauberhorn Hotel is located directly next to the station (one minute walking distance). Google is your friend.

https://www.hotel-victoria-lauberhor...-getting-here/
Mar 17th, 2018, 10:57 PM
Original Poster

So I think Victoria Lauberhorn Hotel is good to stay in Wengen.
Mar 18th, 2018, 06:12 AM

Hotel Schonegg might be about 3 minutes to 4 minutes and they pick up from train if you call them, and drop back at train with luggage,klids. Lift is less. Sue

Search this Thread