Hotels in the Vatican area

Old Sep 10th, 2000, 02:14 PM
MLKH

Hotels in the Vatican area

I will be traveling to Rome in November and need help finding a nice inexpensive hotel near the Vatican. Thank you. Mary

Old Sep 10th, 2000, 02:28 PM
Maira

Hotel Emmaus, quoted me $120 for a double, includes breakfast and taxes. Their website is off www.venere.it. Another alternative is staying at a nearby convent. The following has been recommended:

THE FRANCISCAN SISTERS OF ATONEMENT
Via Monte del Gallo 105
00165 Roma
Tel. 06-630.782
Fax. 06-638.6149. About $30/pp.

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 12:13 PM
sandi

We're staying at the Hotel Spring House, paying about $160.00 USD, for a triple. According to the map, it's a few blocks from the vatican. Try www.venere.it and take a look at all the hotels they have plus links to the hotel's website. Good Luck.

Old Sep 16th, 2000, 01:07 PM
Jeff

Try the Hotel dei Consoli. They have a website that you might want to check out. The rates are reasonable and maybe a little more that you want to spend, but it's very nice.

Old Sep 16th, 2000, 03:09 PM
mustangs81

JEFF: I just got my confirmation for Hotel dei Consoli, have you stayed there?
MLKH: Hotel dei Consoli does seem to be conveniently located and the have been professional to deal with thus far. I did, however, have to pay upfront. Perhaps because I reserved 3 rooms.

Old Sep 16th, 2000, 08:30 PM
sally

Hotel Alimandi-friends stayed there and said it was clean,relatively inexpensive and has a rooftop terrace(?). Unfortunately, I don't know the website. Good luck finding a place to stay.

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 01:02 PM
doc

My wife and I spent several nights in Rome in January 1999 prior to going on to Sicily. While in Rome our hotel was: Nova Domus Hotel
Via Savonarola, 38
00184 Rome, Italy
Phone: 011 39 06 399511
You can get further info from the venere site cited above. We found the hotel more than adequate for our needs (although one had to be sure that the door was locked properly). The Vatican museum is a short walk away, not more than 10 minutes. The hotel is in what is predominantly residential area and the nearest restaurant is about 10 minutes away -- but there are several good ones. Contact me directly if you'd like specifics. By the way: we found the best time to visit the Vatican Museum was about lunch time. Lots of people leave then and we strolled right in.