Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona

hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona

Mar 23rd, 2017, 07:29 PM
Original Poster

hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for the Eixample district - looking in the 200 -300 E range. thanks
Mar 23rd, 2017, 09:17 PM

What are your dates? What type of hotel are you looking for? There are dozens of hotels in the area in that price range to choose from.
Mar 23rd, 2017, 10:37 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Gran Via in 2010. The location is excellent, and our room was quite large. I don't remember the exact price, but it is definitely in your price range, and perhaps a little less.
Mar 24th, 2017, 01:08 AM

Perhaps take a look at luxcury moderniste hotel Casa Fuster: http://www.hotelcasafuster.com/en/
Gets raving guest reviews: http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/hote...ter.en-gb.html

Casa Fuster is on top of the Eixample district and the emblematic Passeig de Gracia. Just a few hundred meters from Gaudí's famous La Pedrera and Casa Battlo. The most upscale shopping district in town, but also next door to the local atmosphere and charming Gracia district. Stayed close by a couple of months ago, and Casa Fuster stands out!
Mar 24th, 2017, 09:30 AM

Casa Fuster can be a bit on the pricy side, well outside of the OP's budget.
Mar 24th, 2017, 09:42 AM

I really liked the NH Hotel Calderon, very comfortable and a super location for tourism. First, it isn't as far away as some of these options from, say, placa Catalunya. It's only a couple blocks west of passeig Gracia, but is on a nice street with lots of tapas bars and open-air restaurants on the center park area (rambla de Catalunya). I think the location was just perfect. The hotel room were very comfortable, they even had two closets, one each person if a couple, and the bedroom was down a small hallway from the outside door (which fronted the outside area leading to elevators, etc) and thus that helped separate it from any corridor noise. Really thoughtful design touches like that. I had a great room with a view over the corner, as I recall.

It was well within walking distance of Casa Batllo, also, and I have a few restaurants I like on p de Gracia where I could walk.

I generally like the NH hotel chain in Spain and Mexico, though, if I don't know what to book, I've never regretted it. Depends on your dates, but it would be in that price range even for superior rooms or rooms with a terrace.
Mar 24th, 2017, 07:36 PM
Original Poster

thanks all - dates are mid june
Mar 24th, 2017, 08:53 PM

I liked Murmuri...different rooms to chose from in your range.

Search this Thread