Reload this Page >

Hotels in the Cotswolds?

Search

Hotels in the Cotswolds?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Sandra

Hotels in the Cotswolds?

Any recommendations for *nice* hotels in the Cotswolds that would be suitable for a relaxing break? Not looking for stuffiness -- just comfort and calm. My boyfriend and I will be going in mid-August. Thanks for your help!!

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 08:04 PM
Ani

The Kettlehouse in Chipping Campden is wonderful...BUt the owners for the last 5 years were supposed to be selling in June so not sure of the situation now.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 09:38 PM
Sandy

A few years ago we stayed at The Dormy House located in Broadway. It was delightful, warm and inviting with lovely gardens and grounds and well-appointed room and situated in the heart of the Cotswolds, easy driving to all the little towns. We had one of the best dinners we've ever eaten, in their dining room (not included in the price of the room).<BR>If I may make a suggestion: We walked around "Stow-on-the-Wold", happened upon a wonderful Deli called Hampten's Delicatessen, with delicious breads, cheeses and sliced meats, took our purchases to the next town "Burton-on-the Water" and ate on a bench by the little river that runs through "Burton". It was one of the loveliest days we spent in the Cotswolds

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 04:44 AM
jw

It's not a hotel, but Fern Cottage in the hamlet (don't know what that means, but I mean smaller than tiny) of Monkton Farleigh is dandy. Just to the south of the Cotswolds, it was our base for 7 days of exploring the entire area. J.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 11:49 AM
monica

Dear Sandra, I just returned from The Cotswolds and London and had a fab trip. I stayed in Cheltenham in a wonderful B&B called the Georgian on Montpellier Street. I will try to find the fax. Anyway it was adorable and clean and cheap. The owners completely went out of their way to ensure an excellent stay. Cheltenham is cool because you can reach the villages easily, and the tourist center gives guided tours of the villages and tours to Stratford etc. I however used the public buses to get their and was blown away by the beauty of the Cotswolds. The B&B was 55 pounds a night including breakfast which you choose what you want and lovely evening snacks. Have Fun!!!!

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 12:42 PM
monica

By the way, before any of the more "unkind" and happy challenged people on the boards see my mistake, I would like to make a correction, I typed "their" and I should have typed "there". Wow I feel better now!!! I am not being paranoid, I just read a horrible reply to a man who made the horrifying mistake of spelling Cotswolds with the letter a.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Maggie

Definitely Dormy House, an oasis of peace and plenty in a beautiful setting.<BR>Regards<BR>Maggie.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 01:04 PM
cristi

My husband and I stayed at a lovely B and B, Bran Mill Cottage(website below), for around a week w/great access to Chipping Camden and that area. The owners were lovely! Vreni (hostess) was quite helpful each morning at breakfast with tips about places to visit. Each evening when we returned, they would chat and offer us tea. Quite pleasant! It's a little off the beaten path and easiest to reach if you have a rental car. The countryside around there is absolutely worth a visit. We enjoyed roaming around on B roads (small roads off the main ones) and running across quaint little towns. Have fun! <BR><BR>http://www.branmillcottage.co.uk/contact.htm

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 03:11 PM
jw

Hi. Monica, your second message made me smile. I've just gotten zapped at another thread. It seems to be a bit more dangerous 'out there' than usual the past few days, and I'm feeling a little jumpy myself. Hang in there. J.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Nancy

Stayed at this B&B in Stow-on-the Wold: #9 Park St. (46 lbs/night/room)- Very clean, nice hosts, lobby where I could sit and read. They placed a small decanter of Sherry in the room. Very short walk to main part of town. The name of the B&B was was the same as address - sorry I don't have any phone/fax/e-mail address. Got the room from the TI in Stow. The owners served a great breakfast. Stayed 2 nights and from here visited several local towns, Warwick Castle and Stratford-upon Avon.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 04:20 PM
JOdy

Right outside Stow on the wold ...try Wesley House...small, intimate rooms and WONDERFUL restaurant