Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotels in the 5th, 6th: De la sorbonne, central st.germain, des carmes, or minerve?

Search

Hotels in the 5th, 6th: De la sorbonne, central st.germain, des carmes, or minerve?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 03:48 PM
abc

Hi, i was going to paris this year and these are the hotels that caught my eye. they are located in the 5th/6th distrcits and the prices are not too high. i was willing to spend up to $100 a night and want to stay in this area. this is my first time going to paris and this is what i found to be the "livlier" section of paris in terms of nightlife. correct me and make any recommendations if i am wrong. i would very happy to read your replies and recommendations to the above mentioned hotels and/or any other you have experienced. thanks!

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 03:55 PM
abc

oh, sorry one more hotel i forgot to add on the list is the hotel parc saint severin. i appreciate your replies.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 04:19 PM
sam

well, i have passed by de la sorbonne. it seemed like a nice hotel. i didnt stay there but to me it looked like an option because i have read the threads and sorbonne has been mentioned several times.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 05:22 PM
betty

central st germain is a nice place. i stayed there 2 nights. it was a pretty cozy hotel. not bad for the value<BR>

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 05:31 PM
jeanne

We're going in October and are staying at Hotel Bonaparte near Luxembourg Gardens and St. Germaine. (no website) 104 &euro; a night for double, street side (we're told they're the best rooms). It gets very good ratings in the Fodors "Rant and Rave" section on hotels. They have been delightful in my dealings with them. Good luck!

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 07:23 PM
Lesli

I stayed at the Hotel de la Sorbonne this past Feb. and liked it. Rooms are quite small, but clean and decorated with taste. Could be a very noisy location in warmer months when you'd want to open windows, though - front rooms face the Sorbonne, with many students hanging out there and in the Place. Courtyard rooms would be quieter if they ever finish the construction work that has apparently been going on in the adjacent building the past couple of years.<BR><BR>I've also considered the Minerve, especially since the recent renovation. (Have stayed at a couple of other hotels nearby for a bit more money and doubt they were any nicer.) <BR><BR>I like the area - walking distance to almost everything, close to the RER for transport back and forth to the airport, and lots of people out and about at night.