Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Hotels in St. Germain (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/hotels-in-st-germain-1006857/)

msheiny Feb 25th, 2014 03:21 PM

Hotels in St. Germain

Please tell me your favorites and why they are so!
Thank you

grandmere Feb 25th, 2014 03:26 PM

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...ank-thread.cfm

Sidny Feb 25th, 2014 04:48 PM

http://www.luxembourghotel.com/uk/index.php

I stayed at the hotel in January and was very happy with it. I was in a nice-sized double room (#202, I think). View over a quiet street, small convenience store across the street. Good location, lots of restaurants close. The real reason I loved it though was because of the customer service...I came straight to the hotel from my overnight flight and while I was planning to just ditch my bags they were actually able to get me into my room about 15 minutes after my arrival (by 10:30AM). Wi-Fi was free and they offered me as many codes as I needed for the number of devices I had. I also had booked this hotel the year before through www.venere.com and had to cancel last minute...the reservation was supposed to be non-refundable but the hotel generously allowed a refund at my first request.

Happy hunting!

Pepper_von_snoot Feb 25th, 2014 06:13 PM

Coucou, mon amie!

Howzabout the le pipe hotel on Rue de Ecole
Militaire de Saint-Cyr?

Thin

WWK Feb 25th, 2014 06:27 PM

We've stayed many times at Hotel D'Aubusson. It's a totally restored 17th century home that's been turned into a charming small boutique hotel.

The rooms- especially the loft apartments on the top floor- are really beautiful. Staff is lovely, and there are free in house jazz concerts during the week. We've walked almost everywhere from the hotel ( Louvre, Notre Dame, Musee D'Orsay, Latin Quarter).

Oh, and I forgot to mention the excellent breakfast, which features homemade jams, croissants and really good hot chocolate. Wish I could go there right now!

msheiny Feb 26th, 2014 07:42 AM

WWk, I looked at the D'Aubusson and as much as I love Jazz music I was afraid that the music would be heard late into the night after a long day and being a light sleeper I would suffer from that. :(

Christina Feb 26th, 2014 12:29 PM

Usually that would only be a problem on the first few floors of a hotel. Most Parisian hotels have about 5 floors, if you could get the upper one, jazz on ground floor shouldn't matter. Of course, if you want open windows, that might be an issue if they have open windows in that cafe, also. But if they won't guarantee you a certain floor, or the 4th or 5th, I'd be leery. Of course, I don't think they have it on Mon-Tuesday, either.

stache Feb 26th, 2014 06:00 PM

Hotel Relais St Germaine.

Location and Restaurant

msheiny Feb 26th, 2014 06:17 PM

I liked the Hotel Relais St. Germain, but it's already booked :(

WWK Feb 26th, 2014 06:20 PM

I'm a very light sleeper, too, but I never heard the jazz music in our room at Hotel D'Aubusson. I don't think it goes very late, anyway. We were on the top floor in one of the mini-apartments toward the back of the hotel.

Uma Feb 26th, 2014 06:50 PM

We've stayed at Hotel d' Aubusson twice and wouldn't hesitate to return there. Nice rooms, great location, wonderful staff.

Uma Feb 26th, 2014 06:58 PM

We've also stayed at Hotel Relais St. Germain. Loved our room there. And getting a table at Le Comptoir was a plus.

anna_roz Feb 26th, 2014 08:59 PM

We stayed three times now at the Millesime Hotel on rue Jacob http://www.millesimehotel.fr/ The location could not be better. The hotel itself is quite charming. Good service. English speaking staff. Chilled wine in one's room upon arrival. We love the rooms with a French balcony onto rue Jacob.

Avalon2 Feb 27th, 2014 12:39 AM

I second the Millesime. Rue Jacob is my favorite location. Have also stayed at the Du Danube and Deux Continents. and love them both. The staff at the Danube is great and the surroundings are great!

Cali Feb 27th, 2014 09:51 PM

We stayed at the Esprit St Germain and loved it. The staff was wonderful and we were really happy with our room and stay. We walked all over from there at all times of day and night and felt very safe.

Cathinjoetown Feb 28th, 2014 12:21 AM

If the Relais fits your price range, you might want to try L'Abbaye St Germain.

I like the Hotel Clément, great location --prices around 160€ for a superior double. Rooms on the "courtyard" i.e. glorified air shaft are dark and to be avoided. Excellent breakfast and helpful staff.

WWK Feb 28th, 2014 03:27 AM

The Millesime is a really nice hotel, too. My daughter stayed there last year and loved it.

latedaytraveler Feb 28th, 2014 12:21 PM

Hi Msheiny

Two years ago I stayed for a week at Hotel Dauphine on Rue Dauphine (www.dauphine-st-germain.com/) and was quite satisfied. It is a 3 star like so many others in the neighborhood. Loved the location – a few minutes walk to the Seine near Pont Neuf, and a few minutes in the other direction to Boulevard St. Germain.

The hotel was suggested to me by a neighbor who had visited twice before – that’s the best kind of recommendation, eh? Not fancy, but clean, friendly, and very French…

4totravel Mar 1st, 2014 07:42 AM

Recently stayed at the Victoria Palace - lovely hotel located at 6 rue Blaise Desgoffe, in the 6th. The hotel is located off a side street from Rue de Rennes - VERY quiet - lovely rooms. Stayed int he suite and was the perfect Paris stay. The staff was delightful - greeting you by name and really wonderfully helpful. Just a very short walk to the Tour Montparnasse and Rue Cherche Midi, Bon Marche, etc. The appointments of the room were charming. Breakfast served in the room each morning. Can't wait to return.

For a less expensive option we stayed at the Holiday Inn Paris - St. Germaine de Pres, located just down the street at 92 rue de Vaugirard | 06 Arr. The location again was superb. The room was a tad small but a nice, clean, proper room. Would stay again for a short visit.