Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Hotels in Spain (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/hotels-in-spain-218245/)

Jake Dec 28th, 2001 09:54 AM

Hotels in Spain

We are planning to travel March 31-April 1...<BR><BR>Can you recommend any hotel booking sites...<BR>Any Hotel recommendations for:<BR><BR>Madrid,<BR>Sevilla<BR>Malaga (or any other place in Costs Del Sol)

lisa Dec 28th, 2001 10:16 AM

Not sure what your budget is or what kinds of places you are looking for, but you might look into the paradors -- state owned hotels in historic buildings.<BR><BR>In Seville, we stayed at Casa Imperial and really enjoyed it. It is built in the hacienda style, very beautiful, great service, breakfast included, small outdoor bar and each room or suite is different.<BR><BR>In Costa del Sol we stayed at Las Dunas in Estepona. This is a luxury resort, with beach, pool, full spa, two restaurants, etc. Very relaxing, gracious service, beautiful rooms with views of the Mediterranean.<BR><BR>Of course, we were on our honeymoon and so were looking for something upscale and romantic. <BR><BR>Hope this helps!

Tom Jan 2nd, 2002 06:00 AM

Jake, in Seville, we stayed at Hotel Los Seises and rather liked it. It's not what we would describe as a luxury hotel, exactly, but it's very nice, and we would definitely stay there again. It's within walking distance of the cathedral, but at the same time, it's kind of secluded because it's down a long, narrow alley that we never would have found on our own. (We took a cab.) There's a rooftop pool with a nice view of the cathedral's bell tower.<BR><BR>In Madrid, we stayed at the Hotel Europa. This one is probably more in the budget category, but it's a terrific value for the money. We also liked the location, near the Puerta del Sol. The street (for the most part) is closed to traffic, and it's filled with people, even late at night. It's a great place to feel the energy of the city.<BR>

cb Jan 4th, 2002 08:19 AM

If you're interested in Hotel Europa in Madrid, you can send email to [email protected] to reserve. We stayed there last Sept-Oct and it was 9000 pesetas for a room for 2 . It is centrally located as the previous poster stated.<BR>We checked in on 3 different occassions and got 3 different rooms with varying sizes each time. The hotel was nice enough to hold some of our luggages while we took overnight trips.<BR><BR>In Seville, we also stayed at Hotel Europa. I recall it was of the same quality as the one in Madrid, but cost 14000 pesetas for 2 of us.<BR><BR>For the hotels and the parador we used in Spain, I emailed the establishment directly to make reservations. First, I called the Spain tourist office in NY who sent me lodging booklets and from there got the email addresses. I did not get responses from all of them, and some addresses were incorrect.<BR><BR>I came across these booking sites, but did not have to use any of them:<BR>- interhotel.com/spain<BR>- madrid.hotels.msk.ru/spain<BR>-nbportal.com/spain

V Jan 4th, 2002 09:20 AM

We were in Madrid in Sept. 2000 and stayed at the Carlos V hotel. Hotel located on a busy pedestrian street. Small, clean, cute, complimentary breakfast. About 60 rooms (not sure-check out fodor's spain book). Very reasonably priced. Staff was extremely helpful suggesting sites to visit. Great location. Museo El Prado is 1/2 hour walk from hotel. Near shopping, transportation and walking distance from Puerta del Sol. Good luck.

mary lewis Jan 4th, 2002 09:44 AM

We were in Madrid and Seville last March. In Madrid we stayed at the Carlos V (Best Western). We found it to be in an awesome location (near Puerta del Sol, several subway lines) and a good price - around $100 a night - including breakfast. We had a room at the back of the hotel that was extremely quiet and dark - made for great sleeping. In Seville we stayed at Las Casas de la Juderia. While I would recommend this hotel - check out your room first to make sure it is OK. Ours was a bit damp the whole time. On the Costa del Sol we stayed at the Balcon de Europa in Nerja. We had a jr. suite overlooking the Med for about $100 a night. It was a great hotel and town. Good luck!

Jake Jan 5th, 2002 01:06 PM

We plan to travel with a 12 year old. Do they have roll bads or he will share bed with us ?

jbering Jan 5th, 2002 01:12 PM

When I was in Madrid in May, I also stayed at Hotel Europa. It's a nice place to stay..they speak English very well, there is a cafeteria next door, it's near the subway, and near the Puerta de Sol. I walked to the Prado museum from this hotel, along with the Palace and shopping area.

olga Jan 9th, 2002 11:31 AM

In most spanish hotels, when you<BR>ask for a triple room they give you a<BR>double room with either a double bed<BR>-normally smaller then a queen, about<BR>1,35 or 1,50 cm. wide- or 2 twin beds,<BR>and they put a rollaway bed for the 3rd.person.<BR>Some other useful hotel webpages:<BR>www.bancotel.com (great system!)<BR>www.expedia.com<BR>www.solmelia.com (very good spanish<BR>hotelchain, great internet specials,<BR>Hotel Reina Victoria is a 4 star old palace in the center of madrid and it<BR>sometimes has a rate of about $75).<BR>www.hotelworld.com<BR>www.travelhero.comm <BR><BR>Enjoy!