Hotels in Seville Spain ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am traveling to Seville with my 23 year old son over Christmas. Any suggestions on hotels ? Would like to be in the Santa Cruz area, or nearby. Budget/moderate price range.
Have reviewed past forums here, and Hotel Amadeus is not available. Would love some new suggestions ! Thanks very much for your help...
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 04:30 PM

Hi---I suggested Hosteria del Laurel on you RS post. It is much less expensive than Amadeus and to my mind much better located, on a pretty square in the pedestrian zone. You might take a look at the reviews on Tripadvisor and check prices there.
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

enzian, This looks really Good !!! I think this may be the one Perfect price and location. Thanks very much for your suggestion, and sorry I was a bit slow on RS reply-!!!
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 08:27 AM

Hotel Murillo
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 09:31 AM

I stayed at Hosteria del Laurel and it would be my pick. Clean and basic. The restaurant is fantastic, the location is amazing, the staff is very pleasant, and the atmosphere is magical. You probaly already read that Jose Zorrilla wrote "Don Juan Tenorio" while staying at this Hosteria. The tapas bar is great (the Octopus salad was delicious!); the breakfast (included) was also fantastic!

That said, I have one of the strangest (but 100% true) travel stories at this hotel. Some years back I stayed at a triple room in this hotel with my Mom and sister. In the middle of the night I was semi-awaken by a very real "dream"; an old lady pulling my blanket extremely angry and asking that we leave immediately because "no women are allowed at this decent establishment". I got up, walked about a bit, scared to death. My Mom helped me get back to sleep. The next morning I mentioned this "dream" to the man at the Front Desk. He laughed and stated he heard this story many times before. Turns out the hotel used to be a temporary residence for seasonal male travelers to Seville for many, many years. There are stories about an old woman who ran the housekeeping and was notorious for "blocking" any attempts to bring women to the rooms upstairs from the Tapas Bar on the ground level. True story.
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 11:30 PM

viajero.. what language was she speaking in your "dream?" ( really.. this is amazing)
Old Nov 23rd, 2011, 08:48 AM

Spanish-- Spanish is my first language-- I only started Speaking/Reading/Writing in English after I turned 25 y/o.
Old Nov 23rd, 2011, 02:25 PM

What a story! NOw I want to go and stay there and see if she shows up in my dreams too.

We had a wonderful breakfast at Hosteria del Laurel, sitting at a table on the square. It was actually lunchtime, close to noon, although breakfast for us as we had been for a long run along the river, showered and dressed, then wandered a bit before choosing a place to eat. The square looked so inviting, and the tortilla made a perfect brreakfast for us.
Old Nov 24th, 2011, 12:53 AM

Nothing to do with hotels, but I suggest you take a carriage tour of Sevilla as soon as you arrive. My friends who have followed this advice have been very appreciative. It is a lovely way of seeing most of the sites and getting familiar with the layout of the city, besides being relaxing. It is a fixed price.
Old Nov 24th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for our great replies !!! Any other information is helpful. love the idea of the carriage ride...
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 09:18 AM

I liked Hotel Adriano near the bull ring. 68 Euros a night. Clean hotel in a nice arean. Not in Santa Cruz, but 5/7 minute walk. Many restaurants around the hotel that are full with locals.
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 10:39 AM

Second keano's suggestion of staying in the Arenal area (for example Hotel Adriano). A lot more local atmosphere than the beautiful but very touristy Santa Cruz district which will be only a very short walk away anyhow.

Fabulous tapas bars/restaurants in the Arenal area. These are some of my favourites: Enrique Becerra, Bodega Antonio Romero, and Bodegas Diaz Salazar in C/García de Vinuesa, 20. A branch of the very popular Mesón Serranito is in C/ Antonia Diaz, 11. The solomillo al roquefort tapas is to die for!

http://azahar-sevilla.com/sevilletap...rique-becerra/
http://www.bodeguitaantonioromero.com/
http://www.minube.com/fotos/rincon/1...slideshow-mode
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 11:07 AM

I would also recomend Labulla in that area. Have you been there kimhe? Great inventive tapas bar, bit of a modern industrial feel to it.
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 11:50 AM

I visited La Bulla the week it opened this year in April. It's the sister restaurant to Pura Tasca in Triana. It's a little different though as it's a sit down tapas bar - there's not a "bar" per se where you stand and have tapas like at Pura Tasca. Innovate tapas and very well prepared.
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 11:58 AM

No keano, haven't been in Sevilla since last fall, but will definitely try La Bulla next time.