hotels in seville

Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:17 PM
julie

hotels in seville

can anyone recommend a hotel in seville for a family of five (3 teens & parents? we'll need two rooms with air conditioning. Since we have to get two rooms we'd like to keep it around $100 each per night. Thanks so much.

Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:55 PM
Chryso

I visited Seville for my honeymoon in September, 2000. We stayed at the Hotel Dona Maria. It ran us somewhere between $100-$120/night. The location was perfect--right across the street from Giralda Cathedral and a couple blocks away from shopping and great Tapas places. The service was very friendly. It was clean, but I have to admit that our room had a slight musty smell--but not enough to bother me and I'm pretty picky. There was a nice swimming pool and bar on the roof. Seville was by far the best part of our trip to Spain--you're going to love it!

Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:38 PM
Chryso

I have to add: If you wind up staying in that part of town, I have to recommend Don Raimundo (Argote de Molina, 26. Phone: 95-421-2925) for fine Spanish cuisine ($$$) and P. Flaherty (Alemanes 7), which is a couple blocks from Hotel Dona Maria for your teens. This cafe offers huge portions at great prices. If you're from the U.S., it feels like home--burgers, nachos with cheese, etc. and they play lots of American music. Understandably, you want your children to soak in as much Spanish culture, food, sights, etc., as possible, but sometimes young people want a taste of home every now and then.

Apr 23rd, 2002, 04:43 PM
julie

Thanks, I will check into it.

Apr 23rd, 2002, 10:15 PM
glenn

i agree with earlier post...about five years ago i stayed at the Dona Marie, excellent location in seville, swimming pool on the roof a delight, and the rooms were a nice size....and i think we paid around $75 a night....definitely a place to stay.
enjoy seville..