Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Hotels in Sevilla (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/hotels-in-sevilla-101805/)

Roz Jan 23rd, 2001 04:44 PM

Hotels in Sevilla

I am thinking of staying at either the La Hosteria del Laurel or Las Casas de la Juderia. Both are in the Barrio de Santa Cruz. Are you familar with either or both of these hotels. Any recommendations? Del Laurel is much cheaper. Is it worth spending the extra money to stay at La Juderia? Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Pedro Jan 23rd, 2001 05:43 PM

Hosteria del Laurel has a secluded location just in the heart of Barrio de Sta Cruz in front of Los Venerables Old Hospital ( now a culture foundation ). It you want to be in the middle of everything stay at Hosteria. Tapas at La Hosteria are small but really good. I also like Las Casas de la Juderia but I would prefer Hosteria by its location.

Patrick Jan 23rd, 2001 05:49 PM

I have only stayed at Las Casas de la Juderia, but can't imagine a more "secluded" but central location. You go down a very narrow and isolated alleyway to get to the hotel, enter through a gateway and into the inside courtyard and then wind your way to your room which may be in any of several buildings. It is only a couple of wonderful, winding, small alleywayed paths to the cathedral, or any of the other major attractions. Our room was a wonderful "suite" with a huge two room bath, a four poster bed, and an entire separate room with sofa, desk, and 2 upholstered chairs. Everything was superb in detail, decor, and the hotel had the most charming and efficient staff I can imagine. I have no idea about the other choice, but it would sure have to be something spectacular to beat Casas de la Juderia. <BR>I would love to know what makes the other location more desirable?

Pedro Jan 23rd, 2001 06:07 PM

I meant that if budget is important for you La Hosteria del Laurel is nice and its location is superb but I agree with Patrick that Las Casas de la Juderia is also nice, much more hotel and is really quiet.

RBW Jan 24th, 2001 02:16 PM

For a trip next month, I have reservations at the Dona Maria. But the Casa de la Juderia sounds incredible! Can anyone draw a parallel between these two? Also our room there is 15,000 pesetas and we'd really like to not spend more than that. Any advice?

Margo Jan 24th, 2001 02:38 PM

Here are some details on the Laurel. Hope it helps <BR>LAUREL: Plaza Venerables 5, 41004. Tel: 95-4220295/4210759. Fax: 95-4210450. Web site: http://www.hosteriadellaurel.com/ E-mail: [email protected] (22 rms., all w/toilet & bath or <BR>shower.) 7000ptas (9000ptas fiesta) single; 10000ptas (13000ptas fiesta) double; 12000ptas (16000ptas fiesta) triple; 14500ptas (18500ptas fiesta) quad. Breakfast (8-11am) at 6750ptas pp can be served in the rm. Air-conditioned. Visa, MC, AX, DC. English spoken (David), TV, phones, wonderful traditional charming hotel w/nicely furnished & identically decorated nice-size pretty rms., compact to large bathrooms w/half & full-size bathtubs, marble flrs., all rms. face side street or interior (except #102) and have numbers as well as names of different characters from the story of Don Giovanni; #103 Dona Anadpontoji (step down into a rm. w/2 twin beds & tiny unusable balcony that faces the side street) & 109 Don Juan (large rm. w/double bed, compact bathroom & tiny balcony) are for a double; #112 Captain Centella (3 twin beds, large bathroom & faces interior) & 212 Gaston (large rm. w/double bed, twin bed, large bathroom & faces interior) are for a triple; #102 Doña Ines (step down into a rm. w/2 queen-size beds, large bathroom w/2 sinks & 2 floor-to-ceiling windows w/unusable balconies that face the plaza) is for a family; hairdriers, laundry services, bar, wonderful expensive restaurant, small interior patio, marble staircase, elevator, 3 flrs. Rates are cheaper in July & Aug. They offer half- and full-board rates. In 1844, Don José Zorrila, a romantic writer of the 19th-century was inspired by the atmosphere of the inn & created his famous character Don Juan. Owned/managed by David Marquez López.

Margo Jan 24th, 2001 02:38 PM

Here are some details on the Laurel. Hope it helps <BR>LAUREL: Plaza Venerables 5, 41004. Tel: 95-4220295/4210759. Fax: 95-4210450. Web site: http://www.hosteriadellaurel.com/ E-mail: [email protected] (22 rms., all w/toilet & bath or <BR>shower.) 7000ptas (9000ptas fiesta) single; 10000ptas (13000ptas fiesta) double; 12000ptas (16000ptas fiesta) triple; 14500ptas (18500ptas fiesta) quad. Breakfast (8-11am) at 6750ptas pp can be served in the rm. Air-conditioned. Visa, MC, AX, DC. English spoken (David), TV, phones, wonderful traditional charming hotel w/nicely furnished & identically decorated nice-size pretty rms., compact to large bathrooms w/half & full-size bathtubs, marble flrs., all rms. face side street or interior (except #102) and have numbers as well as names of different characters from the story of Don Giovanni; #103 Dona Anadpontoji (step down into a rm. w/2 twin beds & tiny unusable balcony that faces the side street) & 109 Don Juan (large rm. w/double bed, compact bathroom & tiny balcony) are for a double; #112 Captain Centella (3 twin beds, large bathroom & faces interior) & 212 Gaston (large rm. w/double bed, twin bed, large bathroom & faces interior) are for a triple; #102 Doña Ines (step down into a rm. w/2 queen-size beds, large bathroom w/2 sinks & 2 floor-to-ceiling windows w/unusable balconies that face the plaza) is for a family; hairdriers, laundry services, bar, wonderful expensive restaurant, small interior patio, marble staircase, elevator, 3 flrs. Rates are cheaper in July & Aug. They offer half- and full-board rates. In 1844, Don José Zorrila, a romantic writer of the 19th-century was inspired by the atmosphere of the inn & created his famous character Don Juan. Owned/managed by David Marquez López.