Hotels in Ronda?

Aug 19th, 2001, 10:53 AM
Allie

Hotels in Ronda?

I'll be visiting Ronda in the middle of October. I've never been there before, and I'm having a challenging time trying to locate a hotel in my price range. I'm looking for something central, clean and friendly for under $70/night. I've been thinking about Hotel San Gabriel or Hotel El Tajo. Has anyone stayed in either of these, or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks to everyone in advance.

Aug 19th, 2001, 08:02 PM
Karen

We stayed at Hotel San Gabriel in June of this year. I liked the hotel. The rooms were decorated very nicely and the staff was friendly. It is a few minutes walk to the gorge and parador and the center of the town. We paid about $75 per night. I'd stay there again. My husband missed having any English speaking channels on the T.V., but otherwise I think it is a "find" and a good value.

Aug 20th, 2001, 06:27 PM
gail

Have you checked out the Don Miguel? It's right at the edge of the gorge, just across from the parador, it was clean, very comfortable, pretty quiet, had great food in the dining room, an unsurpassed view from our room (don't know what the other rooms' views are like), and only cost about $65 per night for a double in March.

Aug 20th, 2001, 09:55 PM
Rosenatti

I stayed at the Parador, but I made a point of checking out the San Gabriel and found it charming and elegant, yet very homey (I only wish my home looked like that!). In retrospect, I wish I'd opted for it rather than the nicely situated but rather bland Parador. The Don Miguel doesn't have the San Gabriel's aristocratic, residential ambience but it does have an amazing location right over the gorge. If you opt for the San Gabriel -- which is only a short walk into town -- you can always have a drink or a meal on the Miguel's balcony restaurant.

Aug 24th, 2001, 12:34 PM
rudy

I am driving into Ronda from Jerez and thinking of staying at San Gabriel. But I hear the streets in Ronda are very narrow. Will it be very difficult getting to the hotel,or should I pick lodging on the other side of the gorge ?

Aug 27th, 2001, 09:05 AM
anon

How about La Espanola ? Anybody stayed there ? I am also wondering about driving on the narrow streets of Ronda. Is it a big problem ? thank you.

Sep 7th, 2001, 03:37 PM
topper

TTT

Sep 7th, 2001, 03:57 PM
Maribel

Allie,
I'm a great fan of the San Gabriel. It's run by a lovely (and well-connected) family, and you feel that you're staying in a very elegant, private home-it's actually an 18th c mansion, meticulously restored. It offers an amazing value for the price! I love rm #9, a suite, and cozy rm #8 with 2 single beds. To me, the San Gabriel oozes with charm.

Sep 7th, 2001, 11:05 PM
steve

I agree 100% with Mirabel. Stayed at the San Gabriel (on her recommendation) and enjoyed it very much. They definitely provide 5 star service to their guests.

As for access, there is no problem getting to it and they do valet parking. For about $6 per day they whisk your car away and take care of parking it. You won't even know where it is.

Allie, I suggest you check out the description of our visit to Andalucia, including Ronda which is posted on my web site -
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/5733

Sep 8th, 2001, 01:18 AM
Allie

Thanks to everyone who replied. I really appreciate all of your input, it was extremely helpful. I have decided to go with Hotel San Gabriel. I'll let you all know how our stay went when we return. Thanks again!!!