Hotels in Rome

Apr 29th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Original Poster

Hotels in Rome

I will be spending 3 nights in Rome and am looking to cram as much sightseeing as possible. Where should book my hotel? Vatican Trionfale? Colosseum-Roman Forum? Central Station? Trastevere - Monteverde? Any recommendations on a hotel in one of these areas for about $200ish a night?
Apr 29th, 2011, 10:52 AM

I just spend a week in Rome and was initially going to stay in Tratevere near Ponte Sisto. This would have been an excellent location but I decided to look for less expensive accomodations - I needed a single. I ended up staying at Hotel Amalfi, via Meraluna - really, right on the Piazza Santa Maria Maggiore and 4-5 blocks from termini. It would up being a fantastic locations because of the proximity to Termini and all of the buses and metro available. It was also an easy walk (downhill) to the Coloseum/Forum, San Giovanni Laterno. Close to the Esquiline churches and much more. The hotel is family owned, very clean and very friendly. Only 22 rooms. Beds somewhat hard (but then, I'm used to a Dux bed)but great hot water and adequate breakfast.
http://www.hotelamalfiroma.it/rooms.htm
I recommend this location and hotel without hesitation.

Search this Thread