Hotels in Praiano and Positano

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 01:29 PM
Chris

Hotels in Praiano and Positano

I'm heading to the Amalfi Coast for my honeymoon from Sept. 26 through Oct. 4. I know it is a bit late but I would like to book some nice places. The pnly major problem, aside from the fact that many of the places are booked, is that we don't have too much money.

I read many of the messages in the archives here, and went to the websites of many of the hotels discussed (Hotel Tritone, Onda Verde). Tritone does look beautiful but it a bit out of our price range (I know it is our honeymoon but I gotta be real).

I heard about a place in Praiano called La Tranquilita or something like it. Has anyone heard about it? And does anyone have any interesting and affordable recommendations?

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 02:25 PM
sonia

Chris, we returned to Positano for our silver wedding anniversary a few years back. It was just as magical and romantic as the first time: even better, because we stayed at the Albergo Miramare (we had chosen a different, not-great hotel on our honeymoon). At the Miramare we had a lovely room with a bouganvilla-covered balcony overlooking the sea where you could eat breakfast, and be amazed that you were really there. Hotel's restaurant was good, we settled for demi-pension (breakfast and dinner) because we, too, were on a budget. (The Sirenuse was way out of reach.)
Caveat: If you're out of shape, the 200 steps up from the central plaza would be a challenge -- it's fine for most folks, including us.

When I did a Google search, couldn't find much about them --check the Fodors Rants and Raves. This link might help also: http://www.alitours.com/italyhotels_pos.html>.

Rates were mid-range then, don't know what they are now. We found the owner and staff very helpful, and would stay there again in a heartbeat. Hope you haven't left it too late...
Buon viaggio!

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 02:27 PM
sonia

Oops, classic non-sequitur there. Want I meant was, we ate breakfast on the balcony overlooking the sea -- sorry!

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 06:45 AM
Chris

Thanks Sonia. I'm going to check it out right now!

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 08:09 AM
Sue

Hi,

Try the Tramonto D'Oro in Priano. Spectaular views and a roof top pool.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 11:08 AM
lisa

Sonia -- We are staying in Positano at the Miramare at the end of this month! The only thing is that our budget is limited, so we just reserved one of the regular "standard" rooms. I hope it is OK. Do you happen to know if they have parking there? We are debating whether to rent a car. We will be coming from Tuscany (Montalcino) and will have a car for the Tuscany portion but are undecided as to the Amalfi coast portion. Some people say it is better to have a car and some say no. Personally I think I would prefer not to drive -- what do you think?