Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotels in Prague for an upcoming weekend?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone stay in a decently priced hotel in Prague lately? My husband and I plan to visit the city for three nights in a couple of weeks and I desperately need to find and book a place ASAP! "Decently" means about $100-$150 per night. As always, we love knowing that we are getting a "deal" so if any of you know of special winter deals that would be helpful as well. We are currently staying in Vienna and plan to take the train in on a Thursday, leaving Prague back to Vienna on a Sunday. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 10:30 AM

Go to a booking site. I recommend venere.com. There should be many others but from personal experience, I can recommend Residence Mala Strana 3* and Hotel Roma 4* both in my favorite Mala Strana area under Petrin hill. This weekend, I am trying Hotel Atos 3* for the first time on the same street as R. Mala Strana. If the other two are not available, I think you can take Atos. Since it is a low season, (I hope) you still can get some good nice offer.
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We have just come back from Prague and stayed at Residence Seven Angels and would recommend it. It's not like an ordinary hotel, it's a restaurant with apartments attached.

We ended up staying in two different rooms as we had to add on another night at the last minute and both rooms were spacious and individually decorated (the antithesis of a Days Inn - if you check their website you'll see what I mean). Our first room where we had 3 nights had a bedroom, loungeroom, bathroom and kitchen. Amazing value. The second room was slightly smaller but fine.

They are recommended on TripAdvisor. Service was friendly and helpful and it's about 2 min walk from the Old Town Square so incredibly well located. We paid 88 euro per night including breakfast.
http://www.7angels.cz/homepage
Kay
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 11:06 AM

Try hotelsprague.cz

It's a great website that contains pictures, prices and featured specials.
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll check out all these suggestions and let you know which one I think will suite us best! Keep the suggestions flying if you can. I'm going to post the same question regarding Budapest and Salzburg as well so if any of you know of hotels in those cities for around that same price budget, tips would be appreciated. We are hoping to do Budapest the beginning of Dec. and Salzburg over Christmas.
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 12:28 PM

Loved this place...

http://www.cerna-liska.info/
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 02:37 PM

Hi Gills!
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 04:10 AM
Original Poster

Hi DaveB
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Lia

Check into K+K Hotel Central in Prague:
http://www.kkhotels.com/index.asp?ID=282#Hauptbereich

This hotel got good reviews from other travelers and I'm booked there later this month, so I can't tell you yet if it's good or not.

I think the location, amenities and price were very attractive.

They have hotels in Vienna also.
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 05:43 PM

$450 for a single...I know I will have to pass on this one-- K&K-Prague
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

I went ahead and made reservations at the K+K Central. They have a deal where you stay three nights, but only pay for two! $380 for all three nights. Lucky us!
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 06:22 AM

Just saw this - we stayed at the K&K hotel central last year and it was definitely the best hotel we've ever stayed at. Got a great deal at the time and it was lovely. Really spacious rooms and the best breakfast buffet we've found. You picked a great hotel!
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Original Poster

Woo Hoo. Thanks for the great reply. Reading things like that really gets me excited! Can't believe we're leaving in a week!
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Lia

Wow, GillsinEurope! That's even better than the rate I got. I just checked the rates again on their site and emailed the hotel to see if I could get the better package rate.

Thanks pittpurple for the feedback on the hotel. I'm really looking forward to the trip, too!!
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

Lia,

I was so excited to see that deal pop up for us! When are you planning your trip for? Maybe we just got really lucky on the particular weekend we chose. Anyway, we are leaving Thursday so I'll try and let you know how the hotel checked out when we get back.
Old Nov 25th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Lia

Checked into the Hotel Central late last night. I ended up changing my booking to a "stay 4, pay for 3" special which reduced the price per night to US$125. The hotel is immaculately clean, my room is good size with efficent design and the people are very friendly and helpful. Took the #100 public bus and transferred to Zlicin "B" metro subway from the airport to hotel for only 20 CZ (~US$1) and they never even collected my ticket on the bus or the train. By comparison, the airport shuttles and/or taxis run 500-600 CZ. I got a little lost walking from the subway to the hotel, but everyone I asked for directions spoke English and tried to help me (even when I stopped in another hotel just down the street). Free high-speed Internet access in my room, complementary tea/coffee, HBO and Sky News (but oddly no CNN) - what more could I want? I'm off to explore Prague after breakfast...
Old Nov 26th, 2007, 03:04 AM
Original Poster

Lia,

I'm happy to hear that you got the same deal as we did! Such a good price for such a nice hotel don't you think? Well I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. I thought the location, room, staff, free internet, and breakfast was great! We actually checked out yesterday morning, but they let us keep our luggage in their luggage closet all day while we continued to tour the city. They also loaned us umbrellas since it had started to snow after we checked out! I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a place in Prague.
Old Nov 26th, 2007, 05:31 AM

The Hotel Kampa Garden is well within your price range and in an ideal location. See TA reviews. We (2 couples) stayed there for seven nights and all were more than pleased.