Hotels in Paris. Where to be?

Oct 22nd, 1999, 07:35 AM
Michael McMahon

Hotels in Paris. Where to be?

Hello everyone!

You have all helped out so much on my last post that I needed to post another one regarding hotels and where to stay. I have up my range from $80-$150. I also have an Entertainment card which grants me 50% off selected hotels.

I've heard great things of the 8th district because it's near Champ de Elysses. Also good things about 5th and 6th where the night life is.

Can you please help me out in describing some of your favorite districts and hotels.

Any help is deeply appreciated since this is me and my girlfriends first trip to Paris. Thanks again.

Michael

Oct 22nd, 1999, 07:48 AM
michele

Michael,

There is a lot of information posted onyour subject. If you do a search you'll have more tips than you can deal with. All of the arrondisements you mentioned are fine. I think Rick Steves has a personal description of the various arrondisements, but all the ones you listed are quite lovely. (YOU also might browse through SMALL HOTELS OF CHARM IN PARIS ( title or close enough) for a place in your price range.

'

Oct 22nd, 1999, 08:24 AM
Maira

Michael---- this is to re-emphasize Michele good advice about researching this forum for prior posts. The wealth of info already posted, specially preferred arrondisements and associated hotels, is staggering.

If you have questions on the 5th, the 7th, Hotel St. Christophe, Hotel Muguet, and Novotel-Airport, I can give first-hand accounts. BTW, I just saw a posting about a Hotel Verneuil on the 7th that was SOOOO inviting!! (next time!!!)

Have the best time planning this trip!

Oct 22nd, 1999, 08:27 AM
Lori

I have always stayed in the 5th since I find the mix of cafes and nightlife to be fun. I also like the fact that it is residential and student in nature. I agree, do a search for oodles and oodles of great information. Highly recommend the Hotel Familia and the St. Christophe.

Oct 22nd, 1999, 11:15 AM
lisa

I personally would not stay on/around the Champs Elysee -- I found it far too commercial and lacking the "neighborhood" appeal of other areas. My favorite area is the Marais -- beautiful, with wonderful restaurants and shopping. Everybody has their favorites though.