Reload this Page >

Hotels in Paris for June 2002

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 06:32 PM
Deanna

We are traveling to Paris for the first time in June, 2 adults with an 11 yr old son, and would like some feedback on the Hotel Muguet and the Hotel Prince Tour Eiffel. Viewing so many hotels, is like a kid in a candy store. There are so many you don't know which to choose and hate to make a wrong decision. If someone would be so kind as to supply me with some info or other recommendation I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 06:36 PM
c

What would you require in a room? Any particular area? What made you pick those two hotels?<BR>I could recommend other hotels , but not sure what exactly you have in mind.Give a sort of idea and I will be there with lots of recommendations on food and hotels and things to do in my favorite city~c

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 07:17 PM
C

C, I choose those hotels from the site ParisHotels.com, and these hotels offer a triple room, at a moderate rate. I'd like to keep my choices to a 21/2 - 3 star hotel. After trying to absorb so much info from the net on the various areas of Paris, I thought I'd settle for the Tour Eiffel/Neighborhood for the simple reason that my son is excited about the tower. We're spending a week in London and this is the final leg before returning to the US. We plan on trying to get as much in for the 3 days as we can, i.e. Arc,Notre-Dame,Louvre, and try to just take in the ambiance of City itself. I, personally, would prefer accomodations in a quiet area, yet relatively close to the various sites and the metro/transportation. I've been browsing for the past week and thought I had narrowed my choices to 2. Each day it changes (smile).

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 07:19 PM
c

C, I forgot to mention that another reason for these choices were just what I saw in the photos, they looked clean and that they were recently renovated. I'd prefer something not too stuffy ... coming from one who suffers from allergies. Thanks<BR>

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 07:33 PM
Christina

I can't offer you personal comments as I haven't stayed at either, but I know the Muguet is recommended often (by folks on here, in guidebooks and magazine articles) as a high-quality hotel within its category, 2-stars; it has a convenient location not far from the Eiffel Tower and near several metro/bus stops and is rare for having A/C within that price category. It is good value but of course not deluxe and I think the rooms are rather small, which would be expected in that price range. I have never heard of the other and can find no documentation of it on any web site, official or otherwise, so perhaps you should state the address. If it is the Hotel Prince Albert Tour Eiffel in the 15th arr., I've never heard of anyone staying there or read/heard any comments on it. It looks like a typical lower-level 2-star hotel, but acceptable. Most first-time tourists would not prefer that location as it's farther out and not as interesting, but certainly ok and safe (many people ask about that). It's near the Commerce metro stop. I would not choose it at all in comparison to the Muguet. I would not probably ever choose it unless I was having a lot of trouble getting a room as even though cheap (maybe 80euros per double?), there are many as good or better hotels in better areas.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 07:39 PM
Christina

sorry, our posts passed -- well, that is a different hotel than I thought. Apparently, its usual name is just "Hotel Prince". Anyway, I have never heard of it, but that is a convenient location and it does look ok to me, also. Maybe someone else knows of it. (66 ave Bosquet)

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 07:42 PM
C

Thanks for your input, Chritina. Could you recommend others?

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 09:01 PM
Harriette

In June of 2000 we stayed in a wonderful hotel about 2 blocks from the Champs Elysee called Hotel California. It was walking distance to the Arc easy subway connections and caters to Americans. The room was lovely and included a full breakfast. The staff very helpful although I am not sure what the price would be now.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 09:21 PM
Betsy

Deanna, the Muguet is a great little hotel. And if you're still deliberating, you may be out of luck as it books out very early. If you want to stay there, make your reservations ASAP.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 04:33 AM
Gretchen

Agree with Betsy--book it now. Here is the web address if you want<BR>[email protected]<BR>They will reply quickly. You may require their triple room which will further complicate it.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 05:06 AM
c

Hi Deanna-<BR>THese are my hotels that I love in Paris,all 3 star,each various prices, but you can check them out and see how you like them.I am also giving you a restaurant list, because I love to eat in different places each time we go to Paris, therefore I have more than enough recommendations for eateries!<BR>Starting with location...you do not want to have to get on the metro,taxi,or walk for miles each day just to get to the area you want to be in, it is worth a lot to wake up in the neighborhood you will spend the most time in..I love the area around the Tower but it is not that convenient to me...So based on that, I stay on the Left Bank.<BR>Hotel St Paul 43 rue Monseiur Le Prince/near the Luxembourg Gardens,and the Latin Quarter-Sorbonne..friends of mine stay here with their 3 daughters, rooms are lovely, baths are good, it is furnished with antiques,they have a duplex for families..great area, staff is kind and helpful.<BR>Hotel Danube 58 rue Jacob-right in the heart of the St Germain area, a wonderful neighborhood, so many restaurants,galleries,book shops,cinemas,museums,too much to do and see in less than , oh maybe, 10 years?<BR>The Hotel D'Angleterre, 44 rue Jacob-fantastick hotel, staff is excellent, does everything for you, very helpful, very protective of their guests,again in the heart of the ST GErmain area.Friends have stayed there with one young son around 13.They were happy with the arrangement.<BR>The Hotel d'Lutece on the Ille St Louis, a little farther away , but only steps, it is on the Ille St Louis, and to be there is wonderful, the restos are great, it is next door to the Ille de la Cite and Notre Dame,which you can see as you walk down the street.<BR>These are the hotels, if you would like, I will email the restaurants to you directly.<BR>Hope this helps some~Candice

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 05:07 AM
c

Good guide books to look into hotels and cross check recommendations:<BR>*Fodors Rivages Hotels of Character and Charm in Paris<BR>*Frommers Irreverant Guides Paris<BR>*Access Paris

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 03:16 PM
C

Thanks C, I tried to look at the hotels you recommended but was able to download only 2 of them. We decided on the Muguet. I'll keep your recommendations for the restaurants.<BR>Thanks Betsy and Gretchen for your feedback on the Muguet. I've e-mailed them and awaiting a reply.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 04:07 PM
k

Deanna, just in case this is your first time on here ----I am noticing, that when you answer a reply, that you are using the other persons name and email address...as in [email protected] put your own name in the box that says Name: and your email address where it says E-mail address:<BR>Thanks, otherwise it looks like [email protected] is having a conversation with her/him self