My husband and I are planning a trip to Paris from Dec 29 - Jan 2/3.
After reading several forums, I undestand the 3rd, 4th, and 5th arr. are preferred.
We enjoy trying different restaurants, going shopping, seeing the ET & Champs-Elysees etc.
Considering the above, along with budget, these hotels are the ones I have narrowed down to:
1- Best Western Villa Des Artistes
2- Mercure Paris Opéra Garnier
3- Crowne Plaza Paris Republique
4- Hotel Berne Opera
Which one would you recommend? We prefer a modern look. If there are other hotels nearby that are better, please advise!
Concerning NYE, I have read that the ET area does not have anything special and that the Champs-Elysees would have some celebration. What's the best way to spend NYE as a couple visiting Paris for the first time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Days in Austria
- 2 Help with Venice Trip?
- 3 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 4 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 7 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 8 Le Marche Research Help
- 9 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 10 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 11 Greece in end October
- 12 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 16 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 17 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 18 Favorite London memories
- 19 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 20 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 21 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 22 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 23 Norte Dame light show!
- 24 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 25 Avignon