Hotels in Munich & Prague

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've already done a few searches, but still need help. My husband and I are traveling to Prague and Munich in March with my parents. We are looking for a nice hotel that includes breakfast for around 150-200 US dollars per night. Our biggest concern is a great location.
Old Nov 18th, 2007, 07:58 PM

I have used the Hotel Astoria in the Schwabing area of Munich several times.

If you get room 301 or 401 you will have space and an "inside" room that looks out into a courtyard rather than a street.

The advantages are these:
The front desk staff is tremendous; all 4 of the regular ladies speak English and they are very helpful.

The breakfast is bountiful to say the least. Good quality food and plenty of it with many choices.

The Giesalastrasse U-Bahn is close by.

There is plenty of shoping.

The U-Bahn ride to downtown is short.

The English Gardens are a not far away at all.

The drawback is that it is not in the city center. That is also a plus because it is not a tourist littered area.

I use this hotel as my regular abode in Munich and, as a result, the front desk staff knows me. This makes me feel like I am not totally a stranger when I walk in.
Stay more than one night, and you will be a known guest as well.
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 04:09 AM
ira

Hi O,

We very much liked the www.hotel-uhland.de/enwelcome.html

Old Nov 19th, 2007, 04:36 AM

The Hotel Kampa Garden's location is fantastic and the hotel itself is very nice - not much on the outside but good size spotless rooms, very good ensuite baths and a decent but not remarkable breakfast buffet - it is a no smoking hotel. Their website is accurate and the price is at or below your dollar goal. See trip advisor reviews - the earliest one is mine.
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 08:25 AM
jgg

Interested in following the replies to this as we are planning a similar trip to June. You may be interested in some of the replies I received on this thread. http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=35089760
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 08:47 AM
MaureenB

Another recommendation for the Hotel Uhland. It's a charming old mansion-type building, in an upscale neighborhood about a 10 minute walk to the train depot. Relatively newly renovated, with new bathrooms, furniture, etc.

Nice bars and restaurants in the neighborhood. Very helpful service. Free bikes to borrow. Nice breakfast buffet served, internet computer and coffee always available in a lobby room. Very charming and a great value. It's small so gets booked up quickly.
>-

Old Nov 19th, 2007, 09:00 AM

We are staying at the K+K Hotel Central in Prague this upcoming weekend. I've never been before, but got recommendations from other members of Fodor's. We got a stay for three nights, pay for two special. 270 euro total for all three nights.

http://www.kkhotels.com/index.asp?ID=282
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 10:44 AM

In Munich we like to stay near the main train station. We like the Drei Lowen and we have stayed at the Uhland. It is a little further away (@ 10 minutes walk) from the areas we like to hang out it (fussganger zone) but it is a nice place to stay.