Hotels in Moscow & St. Petersburg

Jan 29th, 2003, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Hotels in Moscow & St. Petersburg

I will be in Moscow and St. Petersburg in late April. Can you suggest some hotels for those 2 cities? How is the Sheraton Hotel in Moscow (can stay for free, but is it a good location)? I'm looking to spend $100-150/night for a double at a hotel that's near the sights.
Jan 29th, 2003, 06:26 AM

I am going to try posting again, for some reason the first one didn't show up.

The hotels in Russia are pretty expensive so I am not sure you can meet your price point and still be in the city center, especially St. P.
I stayed at Hotel Moskva in St.P and it was $120/night for a single last June. I did ask for a renovated room and it was quite nice and newly redone. The hotel itself wasn't bad at all but is a few miles from the Hermitage and the wonderful churches. I hired a guide for the first day and had her show me how to use the metro which is otherwise impossible to figure out unless you can read russian. It is two stops to get closer to things so that was my way of getting around.

In Moscow I stayed at Hotel Budapest which was a bargain at $90/night. Very nice and close to the Kremlin.
Jan 29th, 2003, 06:44 AM

Debbie, about how far is the Hotel Moskva from the Maryinsky (Kirov) Theater? Thanks.
Jan 30th, 2003, 11:15 AM

I am not sure if I am thinking of the correct place but I believe it is about two miles away. Don't rely on my info on that though because I am not positive.
Jan 30th, 2003, 11:50 AM

The Moskva Hotel is located at the far end Nevskiy Pospekt, however is is located right at Ploshad Alexsandra Nevskovo metro station. The Marlinsky Theatre is located on Teatralraya Square and can be reached from Sadovaya Metro station, 2 stops on yellow line from Ploshad Alexsandra Nevskovo Metro station.