Hotels in London

Jun 23rd, 2010, 07:19 PM
Original Poster

Hotels in London

My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe this fall and are looking for hotel/B&B ideas for London, Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, Munich, Florence and Rome. We would really like to keep the rooms under $200.00 USD a night if possible. I am open to both the names of hotels and areas to stay in or avoid!

Thanks,

Kat
Jun 23rd, 2010, 08:20 PM

Definately recommend staying near Earl's Court while visiting London. Quiet neighborhoods (even on the weekends) and super convenient underground station.
Jun 23rd, 2010, 09:29 PM

$200/night ought to get you a lot of options and a lot closer to central London than Earl's Court. No reason to stay that far out of the center of the city. You should be able to find a decent place in Bloomsbury, South Kensington, and maybe something near Leicester Square or South Bank for that level of coin.

For $200/night, your options in Prague should be fairly open. We stayed in The Bishop's House, which is less than a city block from the Mala Strana tower of the Charles Bridge and its rooms are usually less than 100 Euro. Wherever you choose to stay, make sure the address is in Prague 1.
Jun 24th, 2010, 01:30 AM
tod

A brand new hotel has just been launched almost on top of a tube station - what could be better than new, new, new everything and a hop across to the tube?!!
See the post from Crellston titled "New No Frills Hotel to open in London"
Jun 24th, 2010, 01:46 AM
tod

Sorry forgot to mention my favourite hotel in Paris - mainly because of the unbelievable price of between 39-49euros for a double-en-suite! This must be booked ahead on their "Happy 20" deal.
We will be heading for our third stay here next month. Give it a try: http://tinyurl.com/c7x8x2
It also has a metro within spitting distance(almost)and takes you directly to the Champs Elysees in a few minutes, our room always overlooks the river Seine, and because its a chain hotel and has numerous rooms, anything you may have to complain about can be rectafied immediately- we have never found that necessary.
Jun 25th, 2010, 12:05 AM

We just spent a week at the Premier Inn London Southwark at a rate that would easily fit your budget. Great stay. The location is tough to beat. Easy walk to the London Bridget tube station, lots to do within easy walk of our room, tons restaurants nearby, too. The room is basic, but clean, and the staff is very friendly.

With that many places in your trip, how long will you be away?
Jun 25th, 2010, 01:24 AM

I really do prefer staying in South Kensington to Earl's Court. I find EC tacky and not in walking distance to many places. In SK you can walk to V&A , National History museums, Harrod's and King's Rd with many shops and services. There are 2 metro station s a few blocks apart and good bus service. I always manage a good deal booking thru www.Londontown.con. I have Millenium Gloucester booked for Oct. at less than $150,00 a night with breakfast included.

In Paris we were very satisifed with La Familia on rue des Ecoles in the 5th.http://www.hotel-paris-familia.com/

Walking distance to the Seine, 2 metro stops nearby and numerous bus line across the street. Lots of bistros nearby. Rate includes breakfast and Wifi
Jun 25th, 2010, 05:59 AM

I can reommend both of these:

www.lastminute.com
www.laterooms.com

We've just got the Tower Bridge Hilton for £80prpn in August.
Jun 25th, 2010, 06:43 AM

I can recommend the Lime Tree Hotel in the Victoria area. Convenient enough to Buckingham Palace and the Piccadilly area. Super convenient for Gatwick Express. Easily reached from Heathrow by Nation Express bus.

I also really like the South Bank area. I have not been to the Premier Travel Inn Southwark - but would like to stay there sometime. I have stayed several times at Premier Inn County Hall. Wonderful location for Globe, National Theatre, Waterloo, even St. Paul's and Tower are within walking distance. Try not to use Westminster Bridge if you can, though, as it is extremely crowded. Other bridges are close by.

Both of these locations provide access to supermarkets in the nearby train stations.

I usually pick my London location based on where I enter London, what I want to see, and where I am leaving from. Easy, efficient transport into and out of London is key to my decision-making, especially when dealing with early morning trains or planes.
Jun 27th, 2010, 03:01 PM

I can recommend AtHomeinLondon which is an agency handling B&B's in London. http://www.athomeinlondon.co.uk/ They handle homes in a variety of central (or not so central) areas and should be in your price range.
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:32 AM

Hey U can try staying in grange hotels they have more than 10 hotels located in Central London try this http://www.grangehotels.com otherwise in London u can try secret hotel deals in which u get 5* type accommodation in just half rates *
Or try http://www.ukhotels4u.com/list-of-london-hotels
In 200 GBP u can get room in Ritz Hotel located in piccadily http://www.theritzlondon.com